Author Topic: Upcoming concerts at Daily's Place  (Read 63068 times)

JaxJersey-licious

Re: Upcoming concerts at Daily's Place
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2018, 03:09:54 PM »
Or just poach Ryan Murphy.

Orrrrrr have the people currently running Daily's Place have a clearer vision of what they want this venue to be besides booking big-time acts. What I see the St. Augustine Amphitheater do well besides attract headlining events is having the flexibility to do things that serve the community at large. For example they have a smaller more intimate stage that book local artists and less well known acts. They're also home to non musical events like record shows, farmers markets, night markets, fundraisers, and more. Because of this involvement with the community you don't hear a ton of complaints from residents in the area like parking, traffic, noise, or calls for them limiting the number of events (i.e. Seawalk Pavilion and St. Francis Field).

Daily's Place is definitely an asset for the City of Jax but it can take some years for this facility to truly become a gem and I hope it does, and this may sound heretical on this here message board, but the main difference between these 2 venues is one is run with a primary focus on adding value to the area while the other is run more focussed on adding value to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

KenFSU

« Reply #211 on: April 06, 2018, 11:48:22 AM »
If anyone is still wondering why little ol' St. Augustine Amphitheater is wiping the floor with it's newer, bigger, flashier, big-city counterpart they should take a look at this article about the keys to it's success:

http://www.staugustine.com/news/20180323/st-augustine-amphitheatre-rises-to-meet-new-competition-in-area

And Bold Events may want to take some notes on running a successful concert venue.

I'd check your facts.

We can talk artist quality all day long, but when it comes to pure business, Daily's Place significantly outperformed both St. Augustine Amphitheater and Ponte Vedra Concert Hall combined in 2017.

And this was with Daily's Place only opening in May vs. a full year at both other venues.

St. Augustine Amphitheater + Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
Total concerts: 182
Tickets sold: 182,000
Ticket revenue: $10.1 million

Daily's Place:
Total concerts: 32
Tickets sold: 165,000
Ticket revenue: $12.2 million

Source: http://www.jacksonville.com/news/20180406/dailys-place-more-concerts-amp-diverse-events-improved-amenities-for-second-season

Daily's Place wants to hold over 50 concerts this year, and plans to rent out the venue for events like graduations, cheerleading competitions, and conventions.

Key quote: "We complement each other very well. And the more successful entertainment events that are in our communities, it’s great for all of us." - Chad Johnson, Senior VP of Sales & Chief Content Officer, Jags/Bold Events.

Plenty of room for both venues.

I kind of look at Daily's Place as the AMC to St. Augustine's Sun-Ray.

Happy to see EVERYONE doing well.

exnewsman

« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2018, 09:31:22 AM »

Daily's Place:

Wondering if this includes the parking fees that are included into the Daily's Place concert purchase price?

Charles Hunter

« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2018, 10:09:40 AM »

Daily's Place:

Wondering if this includes the parking fees that are included into the Daily's Place concert purchase price?

Interesting point, since everyone who buys a ticket pays for parking, whether they need it or not. And it is not Free Parking - I've had to show my event ticket. Or, I could show my wife's, since we both paid for parking.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:12:09 AM by Charles Hunter »

KenFSU

« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2018, 10:49:37 AM »

Daily's Place:

Interesting point, since everyone who buys a ticket pays for parking, whether they need it or not. And it is not Free Parking - I've had to show my event ticket. Or, I could show my wife's, since we both paid for parking.

Parking would definitely be included in ticket revenue, as Daily's Place ticket prices include parking. That said, it's worth pointing out that base ticket prices are around the same for major shows at both Daily's Place and St. Augustine Amphitheater ($49 at both for Styx, for example; $49 for Little Big Town vs. Thomas Rhett, etc.), even though the St. Augustine Amphitheater charges $20 for parking. So it ain't like Daily's Place is tacking on a mandatory $10-20 upcharge for parking. But even if we pretend like they are and adjust the above numbers accordingly, they'd still be crushing both St. Augustine venues combined. Even moreso I'm sure if you factor in concessions, which are plentiful and expensive (particularly beer) at Daily's Place, while quite limited at SAA.

I've got no horse in the race, I really like both venues, but I disagree with the original characterization that St. Augustine is "wiping the floor" with Daily's Place and should "take notes on running a successful venue."

The numbers simply don't back that up.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:51:27 AM by KenFSU »

MusicMan

« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2018, 05:15:02 PM »
If you are a David Bowie fan the Jacksonville Symphony is doing 2 shows this weekend.

WINDBORNE'S  :  MUSIC OF DAVID BOWIE

FEATURING BRODY DOLYNIUK as Featured Vocalist and Conducted by BRENT HAVENS

With the Jacksonville Symphony   Friday and Saturday at 8 pm.

Info here:  jaxsymphony.org
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:37:46 PM by MusicMan »

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2018, 10:04:35 PM »
If you are a David Bowie fan the Jacksonville Symphony is doing 2 shows this weekend.

WINDBORNE'S  :  MUSIC OF DAVID BOWIE

FEATURING BRODY DOLYNIUK as Featured Vocalist and Conducted by BRENT HAVENS

With the Jacksonville Symphony   Friday and Saturday at 8 pm.

Info here:  jaxsymphony.org

Damn, are there still tickets available for that? If so I’m there.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

MusicMan

« Reply #217 on: April 11, 2018, 02:21:48 PM »

MusicMan

« Reply #218 on: April 12, 2018, 11:13:39 AM »
My sources tell me the set list will include the following:

Rebel Rebel
Ziggy Stardust
Changes
Blue Jean
Suffragette City
Under Pressure
China Girl
Heroes
Modern Love
Fashion
Space Oddity
Young Americans
Ashes to Ashes
Golden Years
Let's Dance
Fame
Life on Mars

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: April 12, 2018, 11:16:57 AM »

Rebel Rebel
Ziggy Stardust
Changes
Blue Jean
Suffragette City
Under Pressure
China Girl
Heroes
Modern Love
Fashion
Space Oddity
Young Americans
Ashes to Ashes
Golden Years
Let's Dance
Fame
Life on Mars

Aw man, no Queen Bitch. Can y'all learn it by Friday?  ;D
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

CityLife

« Reply #220 on: April 12, 2018, 01:47:56 PM »
Very cool from the symphony. That’s an awesome set list MusicMan.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2018, 01:29:05 PM »

Rebel Rebel
Ziggy Stardust
Changes
Blue Jean
Suffragette City
Under Pressure
China Girl
Heroes
Modern Love
Fashion
Space Oddity
Young Americans
Ashes to Ashes
Golden Years
Let's Dance
Fame
Life on Mars

Just wanted to say, we went on Friday and had a blast. Probably the best pops concert I've seen. Great work Music Man and the entire Symphony.

MusicMan

« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2018, 01:37:32 PM »
WE AIMS TO PLEASE!!

TimmyB

• T
« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2018, 01:52:53 PM »

Rebel Rebel
Ziggy Stardust
Changes
Blue Jean
Suffragette City
Under Pressure
China Girl
Heroes
Modern Love
Fashion
Space Oddity
Young Americans
Ashes to Ashes
Golden Years
Let's Dance
Fame
Life on Mars

Just wanted to say, we went on Friday and had a blast. Probably the best pops concert I've seen. Great work Music Man and the entire Symphony.

Glad it was worthwhile!  So disappointed that I had to be out of town for this.  :(

Kiva

« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2018, 12:07:34 PM »
It looks like Daily's Place has a total of 15 artists/shows for the 1st August - 31st October period, compared to 11 for the St. Augustine Amphitheatre. The competition is heating up!