Author Topic: Upcoming concerts at Daily's Place  (Read 57649 times)

MusicMan

Re: Upcoming concerts at Daily's Place
« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2018, 02:27:10 PM »
This weekend vocalist Storm Large will be appearing with the Jacksonville Symphony.  "Crazy Arc of Love"

Come if you're ready to be entertained.  Shows at 8 pm Friday and Saturday at Jacoby Symphony Hall, Times Union PAC 
(Water Street downtown.)

MusicMan

« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2018, 09:45:08 AM »
Wyclef Jean with Jacksonville Symphony. Should be fun. Daily's Place, Saturday at 8 pm.....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:50:55 AM by MusicMan »

copperfiend

« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2018, 12:10:22 PM »
My wife and I are going to the Wyclef show. Really looking forward to it.

KenFSU

Tacachale

• Administrator
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

CityLife

« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2018, 04:52:54 PM »
Yikes, Daily’s Place...

I was tough on the Florida Theater earlier in the thread, and will give them some credit for booking The Pixies and David Byrne this year.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2018, 05:54:04 PM »
CLEAR YOUR CALENDAR, BILL.

https://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2018/03/26/dailys-place-announces-new-rock-concert-in-july.html

You know 90s radio rock is my Kryptonite!

I read your comment hoping for the best, but alas....   No Spin Doctors at Daily's Place.  My pockets will remain full of something else....
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

MusicMan

« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2018, 11:01:33 PM »
"My wife and I are going to the Wyclef show. Really looking forward to it."

Well Copperfiend I hope you enjoyed it. It was over 3000 people and they seemed to really love the show.

I had the pleasure of meeting Wyclef backstage, he was really cool and approachable.

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #203 on: March 27, 2018, 01:41:25 AM »
SHALL. WE. PLAY. A. GAME? It's called outdoor venue Summer 2018 bookings. Now that the prime touring season is upon us I thought it would be fun to see how the regions 2 main outdoor musical venues compare so far. This only includes big-time musical or comedy events scheduled from now until the end of September and keep in mind a lot of late summer tours have yet to be booked (for instance Lynyrd Skynyrd has shows in Tampa And West Palm but there is no way in fuck they will not come back to North Florida given this tour they say will be their last). So here are the totals so far:

Daily's Place:   16
St. Augustine Amphitheater: 25

and for further comparisons...

Mid-Florida Credit Union Amphitheater:  24
Coral Sky Amphitheater:  24

copperfiend

« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2018, 08:52:44 AM »
"My wife and I are going to the Wyclef show. Really looking forward to it."

Well Copperfiend I hope you enjoyed it. It was over 3000 people and they seemed to really love the show.

I had the pleasure of meeting Wyclef backstage, he was really cool and approachable.

Yes. It was a great show. Great energy and a very diverse crowd. I hope they have similar shows in the future.

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2018, 04:14:13 PM »
If anyone is still wondering why little ol' St. Augustine Amphitheater is wiping the floor with it's newer, bigger, flashier, big-city counterpart they should take a look at this article about the keys to it's success:

http://www.staugustine.com/news/20180323/st-augustine-amphitheatre-rises-to-meet-new-competition-in-area

And Bold Events may want to take some notes on running a successful concert venue.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: March 28, 2018, 04:43:58 PM »
If anyone is still wondering why little ol' St. Augustine Amphitheater is wiping the floor with it's newer, bigger, flashier, big-city counterpart they should take a look at this article about the keys to it's success:

http://www.staugustine.com/news/20180323/st-augustine-amphitheatre-rises-to-meet-new-competition-in-area

And Bold Events may want to take some notes on running a successful concert venue.

Great article. This is the quote right here:

“I got pretty aggressive on the booking side last year just to prove a point. It’s paying off for sure.”
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Gators312

« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2018, 11:00:36 AM »

Yes, since Ryan Murphy took over, the SAA has been on a meteoric rise.  It's a great venue despite the drive and their efforts with the Ponte Vedra Music hall are a nice complement to the Amphitheatre.   

Please, please Bold City; Pay attention to what they have done over the past 5 yrs and do your best to emulate it.  It would make Daily's place a exponentially better asset to downtown.     

Captain Zissou

« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2018, 11:12:30 AM »
Or just poach Ryan Murphy.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2018, 02:34:41 PM »