Author Topic: Upcoming concerts at Daily's Place  (Read 57680 times)

Adam White

• Facebook
Re: Upcoming concerts at Daily's Place
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 10:51:37 AM »
And, yeah, John Legend is fucking awful.

Truer words have never been spoken.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

dbjax

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 08:49:45 PM »

Wow. Just because you dislike his style, doesn't mean he f'ing awful. I'm sure he has an appeal to some, otherwise he wouldn't be selling records the way he does. It's attitudes like this (MMR and Adam) which contribute to a larger divide between people. Whatever happened to disagreeing civilly? It's much more difficult to have restraint and it only serves to fan the flames of insensitivity towards others when we take things so personally. But attacking and bullying someone is easy, just ask our current president.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 09:20:43 PM by dbjax »

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 11:20:45 PM »
Alright, the day has finally come for the first test of the amphitheater's viability. Tickets go on sale tomorrow for several concerts. The venue is being built, they convinces a bunch of acts to come, and now we'll see how the public reacts.

Daily's Place may have a leg up on the St. Augustine Amphitheater as a venue, but slow ticket sales may be a big factor on who books where come next concert season.

remc86007

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 11:45:00 PM »

Wow. Just because you dislike his style, doesn't mean he f'ing awful. I'm sure he has an appeal to some, otherwise he wouldn't be selling records the way he does. It's attitudes like this (MMR and Adam) which contribute to a larger divide between people. Whatever happened to disagreeing civilly? It's much more difficult to have restraint and it only serves to fan the flames of insensitivity towards others when we take things so personally. But attacking and bullying someone is easy, just ask our current president.

I agree with dbjax. The music video of "all of me" has over one billion views; to say he appeals to some is an understatement.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 02:36:35 AM »

I agree with dbjax. The music video of "all of me" has over one billion views; to say he appeals to some is an understatement.

How is saying that John Legend is fucking awful anything other than a personal opinion? How does his video having over one bilion views mean I can't agree that he's fucking awful?

I also can't stand the Beastie Boys. And I've never enjoyed the taste of fish. Surely those aren't false statements, just because both are very popular?

I'm really sorry if I have "bullied" anyone.

On a somewhat-related note - it looks like Adeel Dazeeb is playing in St Augustine, so you missed out on that one, too.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 07:08:27 AM by Adam White »

Captain Zissou

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 10:00:34 AM »

I bet 400M of those views are from people who watched it to see a scantily clad Chrissy Teegan. 

For context, Charlie Bit My Finger has 850M. Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) has 1.2B. Gangnam Style has almost 3B views.

pierre

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 10:32:21 AM »
Dave Matthews tickets went on sale at 10. Looking at Ticketmaster, it appears to have sold out pretty quickly.

DrQue

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 10:35:39 AM »
Dave Matthews tickets went on sale at 10. Looking at Ticketmaster, it appears to have sold out pretty quickly.

Was that for the general public or just Jag season ticket holders?

pierre

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2017, 10:47:19 AM »

General public. The only presale I knew of what to the Dave Matthews fan club.

It's possible it sold out, or close to it, in presale.

KenFSU

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2017, 11:45:02 AM »

You sure? The Jags tweeted yesterday that presale for Dave Matthews opened to Jags season ticket holders at 8:00 AM this morning.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 11:53:27 AM »
I sooooo want to post something about Dave Matthews.

pierre

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2017, 12:02:32 PM »

You sure? The Jags tweeted yesterday that presale for Dave Matthews opened to Jags season ticket holders at 8:00 AM this morning.

Pretty sure.

Go to the Dailys Place page on Ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Dailys-Place-tickets-Jacksonville/venue/279647

copperfiend

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2017, 12:03:45 PM »
I have a forum suggestion:

A thread about upcoming concerts to Dailys Place.

And a seperate thread full of snarky comments about how overrated an act is that is playing at Daily's Place.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2017, 12:11:18 PM »

And a seperate thread full of snarky comments about how overrated an act is that is playing at Daily's Place.

Can we have a third thread for judgmental handwringing about the snarky comments?

funwithteeth

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2017, 12:30:48 PM »

Can we have a third thread for judgmental handwringing about the snarky comments?
That's reserved for the fourth thread. The third thread will be for people who are fans of the acts booked at Daily's Place. And then we can have a fifth thread for snarky handwringing about judgmental comments.