Author Topic: Good Dough Doughnuts !?!  (Read 48919 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
Good Dough Doughnuts !?!
« on: January 25, 2017, 09:00:54 AM »
Waistline...we may have a problem.....

So I am not much of a "donut guy" except when we stay off King St in Charleston and then I gain about a million pounds going to "Glazed  Gourmet Doughnuts" in the mornings. If this is even close to being in the same league, I may have an issue. I will be walking there, so that should burn off a bite or two. So I have that going for me....

I will be hitting the weight training just a little bit harder starting this morning.

https://www.gooddoughdoughnuts.com/

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: Good Dough Doughnuts !?!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 09:10:42 AM »
From the Jan 2017 construction update:

64. Good Dough

$173,028 build-out at 1636 Hendricks Avenue is underway for Good Dough. Good Dough will be a 32 seat, 1,500 square foot doughnut shop when it is completed. The contractor for this project is Skyline Construction.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

acme54321

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 09:40:09 AM »
It's hard to one up the Donut Shoppe

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:01 AM »
Waistline...we may have a problem.....

So I am not much of a "donut guy" except when we stay off King St in Charleston and then I gain about a million pounds going to "Glazed  Gourmet Doughnuts" in the mornings. If this is even close to being in the same league, I may have an issue. I will be walking there, so that should burn off a bite or two. So I have that going for me....

I will be hitting the weight training just a little bit harder starting this morning.

https://www.gooddoughdoughnuts.com/

Look goods, but have you had the Sweet Theory doughnuts? If you are needing a doughnut fix, walk over there from San Marco and you'll easily burn off maybe two doughnuts' worth of calories and holy shit are they good.

Huh?  Sweet Theory are Vegan, gluten-free, soy emulsified, coconut-oil infused hippy goodness.  No need to burn off 'calories'; those are the good kind of calories. 

Their baked goods are more healthy for you than actual vegetables. 

(At least that what I tell myself right before smashing a cupcake in my mouth)
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Captain Zissou

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 10:21:39 AM »
I don't usually like sweet foods for breakfast, but I will make an exception for this.  ESPECIALLY if they throw some bacon on a doughnut!

aldermanparklover

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 11:16:08 AM »

:D :D

I grew up outside Boston, at a time where Dunkin Donuts was just another donut maker in a sea of donut shops so I like to think I know donuts a little.

The Donut Shoppe in Arlington is excellent and worth the drive from San Marco.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 06:52:47 PM »
fyi, Good Dough will have a doughnut "pop up" at Vagabond coffee tomorrow morning from 9-12. I have never been there so I may check it out.If you see a guy in a Patriots hat, it is probably me....Feel free to say hi and tell me how much you enjoy my posts.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 02:14:52 PM »
So maybe there are more people than I think that want a "high end" donut. I went to Vagabond coffee this morning for the "pop up" and before Good Dough was finished setting up, a line starting forming for their donuts. Luckily, I had been there awhile leisurely sipping my coffee so after a moment of panic, I quickly joined the line. As I left with my box, I actually had to struggle through the crowd to leave.

I didn't care for the selection that was brought (not a huge icing fan) but clearly they are very good.(and big!) I look forward to them joining the neighborhood and seeing what kinds they will be offering. I see us hitting Bold Bean for coffee and continue up the road for a donut....

JaxAvondale

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 02:25:15 PM »
I walked in and it was completely packed. I didn't get a chance to order any donuts.

InnerCityPressure

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 12:11:18 PM »
To me, Donut Shoppe has the cake doughnuts on lock.  You won't find better.  The glazed, gourmet variety is where Good Dough and Sweet Theory will have a fighting chance.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 12:49:14 PM »
We managed to snag some. They were awesome. I'm worried about how close to my house this place is.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Captain Zissou

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 12:54:48 PM »
Did they say when they will be opening on Hendricks?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 01:51:20 PM »
I believe they are targeting late March/early April.

I am worried about a future obesity issue at Landon Prep.

ben says

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 02:29:09 PM »

:D :D

I grew up outside Boston, at a time where Dunkin Donuts was just another donut maker in a sea of donut shops so I like to think I know donuts a little.

The Donut Shoppe in Arlington is excellent and worth the drive from San Marco.

Holy shit...the first non-troll post I've seen by this guy! Bravo!
For luxury travel agency & concierge services, reach out at jax2bcn@gmail.com - my blog about life in Barcelona can be found at www.lifeinbarcelona.com (under construction!)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 02:21:07 PM »

Holy shit...the first non-troll post I've seen by this guy! Bravo!

Clearly, good doughnuts bring people together. If you want to solve conflict, look to the doughnut!

Fyi,They are doing that same pop up at Vagabond this Saturday.Limit 2 per person. That is hilarious.