Author Topic: 4 projects changing the face of St Johns Town Center  (Read 8607 times)

ErikSetzer

Re: 4 projects changing the face of St Johns Town Center
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 01:06:01 PM »
Oh, man, 2nd and Charles is my new crack...  I moved to that area last September (Sail Cove condos), and that place is amazing to wander through.  But only when I have money.  My DVD collection has grown a lot (I love finding good unopened movies for $2, or even an unopened copy of the original X-Men trilogy for just $10), and I've been able to get some books, comics, and other assorted stuff there.  It's a great place to just go and check out all of the stock and see what interesting stuff has come in since the last time you were in.

Personally, I've felt okay with the additions so far.  They did improve the intersection at Gate Parkway and Town Center Parkway, so that helps.  I like being able to just walk over to 2nd & Charles, Hobby Lobby, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, GameStop, all those restaurants and other stores (and soon an ABC, when they build it... Total Wine's got a good selection, but is the opposite end of the center).  Yeah, the traffic's messy, but I ride public transit, and luckily there's a bus line that goes from where I live to about a block from the building I work in, and I try to head home a little early, but if I do get stuck in it, I can just read or watch videos.

Not sure how Town Center Parkway will fare once they've got the new apartments (and hotel) opened up.  Guess we'll see.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." - Albert Pine

Kerry

Re: 4 projects changing the face of St Johns Town Center
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 02:04:37 PM »
2nd and Charles is pretty good.  Just watch out for some of the book prices as I found the Barnes and Noble down the street to have better prices on a lot of what I read.
Third Place