Author Topic: Lenny Curry wants state money to remove Hart Bridge ramps near Everbank Field  (Read 40859 times)

Downtown Osprey

"Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Kahn’s Iguana Investments group provided its first conceptual plans for the first phase of a $2.5 billion Northbank riverfront development next to TIAA Bank Field where Metropolitan Park now sits."

Article: https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/jaguars-owner-shad-khan-reveals-convention-center-hotel-plans-for-shipyards

JaGoaT

Will this get done???

I think so.

MikeG1479

I mean, this sounds pretty promising?  This seems now to me, more than just a pipe dream?  This project has probably moved farther along than any other project for the Shipyards.  Kind of excited.

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT!)
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICES
"Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Kahn’s Iguana Investments group provided its first conceptual plans for the first phase of a $2.5 billion Northbank riverfront development next to TIAA Bank Field where Metropolitan Park now sits."

Article: https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/jaguars-owner-shad-khan-reveals-convention-center-hotel-plans-for-shipyards

JEA needs to stop listening to Shad Khan and think about the City Center. In my opinion that's where they (JEA) needs to be; not displaced way out east of the core in the entertainment district within the confines of the stadium and its district.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

RattlerGator

Ah. That does sound right.

You're damn right it sounds right . . . because it *is* right and they *are* going to get federal money to finish it off.

But y'all keep bitching and moaning and doubting. Greenville, Greenville, Greenville -- right, vic ? ? ?

Kerry

This the 3rd time.  By the 2021 start date the Jags will either be in London or we'll by 9 months into a recession, and probably both.
Third Place

downtownbrown

in my view this whole press release is shouting just one thing: TAKE DOWN THE RAMPS, OR ELSE...

Just a tease to try to lever up the urgency of the Hart Bridge project.  Everything else, like this fresh round of fictional renderings, are meaningless. 

pierre

This the 3rd time.  By the 2021 start date the Jags will either be in London or we'll by 9 months into a recession, and probably both.

LOL. There is a 0% chance they will be in London in 2021.

Adam White

• Facebook

LOL. There is a 0% chance they will be in London in 2021.

Yeah, they'll probably have already left London by that time due to lack of attendance.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

remc86007

BTW updates on the concept, all the flyovers West of Intuition will stay and carry vehicular traffic, no more repurposing as a pedestrian overpass, and a sidewalk path (10' wide) is being considered to route pedestrian traffic West via Monroe, then up Catherine, and then along Duval.

I'm confused. The ramps above the shipyards will be taken down, but not the ramps that feed them west of Intuition?

KenFSU

ANOTHER fatal wrong-way crash on the Hart last night.

So sad.

downtownbrown

Concept plans are still in development with COJ to determine the final concept for the bridge removal. Then we can proceed to generating the RFP, then it will get bid and selected, and THEN the selected engineering/contracting joint venture will begin final engineering and construction.

Yes, the freight aspect was laughable IMHO, but we'll see about the other federal funding. I think COJ/FDOT might be serious enough to fund this themselves, though, but we'll have to see when we get to that point.

BTW updates on the concept, all the flyovers West of Intuition will stay and carry vehicular traffic, no more repurposing as a pedestrian overpass, and a sidewalk path (10' wide) is being considered to route pedestrian traffic West via Monroe, then up Catherine, and then along Duval.

Any way you can post a picture of that?

acme54321

I'm confused. The ramps above the shipyards will be taken down, but not the ramps that feed them west of Intuition?

Yep, pretty stupid.

Charles Hunter

Be much more complicated, and costly, to remove the western ends of the Hart Ramps, due to their proximity to buildings.
And, they aren't in the way of the Khan development.

I am disappointed there won't be any pedestrian use of these ramps.

KenFSU

Concept plans are still in development with COJ to determine the final concept for the bridge removal. Then we can proceed to generating the RFP, then it will get bid and selected, and THEN the selected engineering/contracting joint venture will begin final engineering and construction.

Yes, the freight aspect was laughable IMHO, but we'll see about the other federal funding. I think COJ/FDOT might be serious enough to fund this themselves, though, but we'll have to see when we get to that point.

Any way you can post a picture of that?