Author Topic: Lenny Curry wants state money to remove Hart Bridge ramps near Everbank Field  (Read 42222 times)

KenFSU

Wait, I'm confused.

Sounds like they're bypassing a PD&E.

Isn't it required when federal funds are involved?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
^Sounds like more of the Shipyards and District stuff to me. Quick to come out with timelines to appease the public, only to shift them a few months later when they realize more is needed. However, this article is the first time I've seen it discussed from a manner where they're razing the viaduct but not constructing a context sensitive boulevard in its place.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 10:17:28 AM by thelakelander »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

downtownbrown

for reference, the courthouse parking lot removal was to be complete in Spring of 2018.  They are getting there....

tufsu1

Wait, I'm confused.

generally for new capacity projects, and/or when environmental impacts might occur - but good question

Charles Hunter

Wait, I'm confused.

generally for new capacity projects, and/or when environmental impacts might occur - but good question

According to the FDOT PD&E Manual, because there are federal funds are involved, the process must comply with NEPA. The big question will be what type of environmental work will be needed. At the very least, it appears an Environmental Assessment will have to be performed, to determine the level of impacts.  Does the removal of the ramps "significantly impact travel patterns" or "have any significant environmental impacts"?  Like, the potential clean-up of the shipyard area to remove the bridge pilings; or new construction for the new ramps by WJCT and AP Randolph.  Although it is somewhat of a risk, Design and PD&E could proceed simultaneously.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
The schedule, like most they've put out over the last couple of years, sounds pretty ambitious. Expect the real process to last longer.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Charles Hunter

Wonder if Bay Street / Gator Bowl Blvd. will be part of State Road 228 - like the ramps it will replace?  Or will there be a gap in the state road?  If it will be SR 228, the City will have to transfer the right-of-way from the to the State for the multi-use path. From what I've heard, that process can take a long time - but, I guess if the City is motivated, they can expedite.

bl8jaxnative

I'm looking forward to see the elevated section gone.

southsider1015

The schedule, like most they've put out over the last couple of years, sounds pretty ambitious. Expect the real process to last longer.

This.  Not one major infrastructure project in Jacksonville is on-schedule.  There's a significantly weak labor market in the construction field in Jacksonville. 

Charles Hunter

Re: Lenny Curry wants state money to remove Hart Bridge ramps near Everbank Field
« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2019, 05:55:11 PM »
FDOT  has set the public meeting for the Hart Ramps tear-down.  March 14, from 4 to 6 PM, at the FDOT Urban Office on Edison Avenue.  Will be in Open House format, which eliminates the opportunity to make public comments so all can hear; comments are made in writing, or to a court reporter. 

Here's the link to the project page, but it is empty, except for the meeting notice, and the contact info for the PIO.
http://nflroads.com/ProjectDetails.aspx?p=5257&f=4

Public Information Meeting (Thursday, March 14, 2019)
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), in cooperation with the City of Jacksonville (COJ), invites you to attend a Public Meeting for the proposed improvements to the Hart / Talleyrand Expressway located in downtown Jacksonville, Florida. The public meeting will be held on Thursday, March 14, 2019, at the FDOT Urban Office Training Center, 2198 Edison Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32204. The meeting will be in an “Open House” format from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. to give you an opportunity to review the exhibits and talk one-on-one with FDOT staff.

Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, or family status. Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Brittany Chastain, at the number or email provided below at least 7 days before the meeting.

The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by the FDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C.§ 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated March 14, 2016 and executed by the Federal Highway Administration and FDOT.

For Additional Information, Please Contact:

Brittany Chastain
Florida Department of Transportation, District 2
1109 South Marion Avenue, MS 2007
Lake City, Florida 32025
Phone: (386) 961-7520
Email: Brittany.chastain@dot.state.fl.us