Author Topic: Lenny Curry wants state money to remove Hart Bridge ramps near Everbank Field  (Read 43910 times)

JaGoaT

Those renderings are beautiful

Tacachale

• Administrator
Uh, does that plan cut off Bay Street?
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

KenFSU

Uh, does that plan cut off Bay Street?

The Jags are removing Bay Street west of Intuition so that no sports complex visitors accidentally stumble upon downtown Jacksonville.

Only downside is the JTA clown cars on the Bay Street extension now plummet directly into the St. Johns River.

Captain Zissou

I'm very confused about how eastbound traffic on bay street will get to the stadium.  Also, are they turning Lot P into a park?  That looks like a ton of shade trees that aren't currently there.

downtownbrown

Looks like Bay Street merges with the east bound lanes from the west side ramp, if you follow my description... But it looks pretty tight.  Then again, it's just a cartoon rendering, and Lord knows we've already seen a bunch of those.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Don't get too excited by what's shown in those renderings. They're highly conceptual and tend to change every few months. Neither the buildings or the street will look that way.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

KenFSU

Don't get too excited by what's shown in those renderings. They're highly conceptual and tend to change every few months. Neither the buildings or the street will look that way.

To your point:

State of the Franchise:

Convention Center RFP:

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
All those big towers are placeholders. One disappeared with the latest set of renderings. Those shiny things also look completely different from the short bland box JEA concept posted last week.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

downtownbrown

so do you see a light at the intersection of Bay and the ramp eastbound, or does it go from 2 to 4 lanes there, or what?

acme54321

Bay Street eastbound will dip down into Lot X to tie into the proposed roadway. The renderings don't show that portion of roadway, which makes it confusing.

So the ramps are now going to dump down into the middle of Bay Street and the road is going to split around it?  Completely blocking off the sightlines between downtown and the stadium district?  I get that the ramps will be expensive to demolish but that seems like a step backwards.

downtownbrown

Bay Street merges to one lane on game day....hmmmm.

So can I get on the existing ramp at Liberty and Forsyth and avoid the Bay Street choke point? 

I walk to the games so it won't impact me.  I'm guessing the choke point was designed by the ticket scalpers...

downtownbrown

unintended consequence of making it easier to buy your tickets.  Thanks for all the info!

Charles Hunter

1. Are the 3 lanes in each direction all automobile lanes, or is one (each way) reserved for the JTA autonomous vehicle shuttles?  Recognizing that the rendering is not an engineering drawing, it appears to show special JTA lanes.
2. Will these be buffered bike lanes, consistent with new FDOT standards (I know GB Blvd. is not a state road, but their standards tend to prevail) at 7 feet including a 2 foot buffer; or just a 4 inch paint stripe?

Tacachale

• Administrator
1. There has been no discussion on our part about AV's. As far as I know those are supposed to be capable of mingling with regular vehicular traffic anyhow, aren't they? 3 standard general purpose lanes is the current configuration. 
2. 7' non-buffered bike lanes is in our current concept.

JTA is claiming that the AV's will be able to mix in traffic. They can't do that and won't be able to for years, and even if they could, it's a bad idea because transit needs dedicated lanes. It's interesting that the Skyway isn't included in any of these discussions.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Is it? The mayor's office is directly competing against them to land federal money for the Hart Bridge ramp removal. That's about all you need to you about their thoughts on JTA's proposal.