Author Topic: San Marco's Florida Baptist site to become apartments  (Read 40249 times)

MusicMan

Re: San Marco's Florida Baptist site to become apartments
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2018, 03:13:25 PM »
Catalyst Development Partners building 140+ apartments in a courtyard style building with a garage facing I 95.

If you search you can find more info about it on another thread on this website.

Try this:  https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/2018-jun-downtown-southbank-apartment-project-breaks-ground
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 03:16:22 PM by MusicMan »

acme54321

« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2018, 08:25:59 PM »
More going on at the Florida Baptist site today.  The most activity I've seen out there.  Another dumpster, this time on the north side of the building and a number of guys in neon OSHA type shirts carrying stuff out loading it up.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2018, 02:08:40 PM »

Sweet, Thank you.  The apartments going up north of I95 are known as the SoBA apartments.

http://www.catalystdp.com/soba-apartments

SoBA Apartments
REVITALIZING APARTMENT LIVING IN THE SOUTHBANK DISTRICT OF DOWNTOWN JACKSONVILLE.
THE PROJECT: Catalyst Development Partners broke ground in June 2018 to build a new 147-unit, 4-story Class A apartment community in the Southbank district of Downtown Jacksonville. The SoBA name was inspired by the highly desirable Southbank area, which is transforming from an office-centric environment to a 24/7 urban neighborhood. First resident move-ins are projected for Summer 2019. Completion of construction, with final delivery of all units and remaining amenity spaces, is scheduled for Q1 2020.

acme54321

« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2018, 07:47:20 AM »
This months issue if the Resident confirmed a couple of topics in this thread.

First, it was indeed asbestos remediation that was being performed in the Baptist tower.  That's complete.

Second, they are waiting on the market to continue development.  This is a direct quote from the developer "The project is currently on hold until the rent we can charge is able to support the total development cost we anticipate."

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2018, 08:40:36 AM »
Hmm....waiting for the market? That may be a while.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2018, 11:32:39 AM »
According to The Reident, 200 riverside might break ground in Oct or Nov

MusicMan

« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »
"Second, they are waiting on the market to continue development.  This is a direct quote from the developer "The project is currently on hold until the rent we can charge is able to support the total development cost we anticipate."

WTF    (Don't you crunch those numbers before you sink 6 mil into a vacant property?)

Same thing Regency has been saying for 10 years about the San Marco Publix site.

Jacksonville is cursed by these assholes.

Must be nice to drop $6,000,000 + on a piece of real estate then pay taxes on it while you wait for market conditions to "Develop."

acme54321

« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2018, 01:34:49 PM »
I'm no developer, but I agree that it's an interesting strategy.

The article also mentioned that the same developer is planning to "renovate" the "LaSalle Townhouses" into 14 three story units.  I'm not sure where this will be, but I can't think of any three story structures on LaSalle to renovate.  Sounds like a potential teardown of some existing structures.

On ANOTHER note, has anyone seen the monstrosity going up on Thacker? 

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2018, 02:04:19 PM »
Perhaps the real numbers were higher then their original estimates? It happens.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

acme54321

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2018, 02:26:50 PM »
I imagine that's what happened.  What they are proposing won't be cheap to bring to market.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2018, 10:17:20 AM »
I just read this story. It's written incorrectly. Block One isn't or wasn't planning to renovate the Baptist building into 345 apartments.

In addition, two projects will renovate existing buildings in San Marco. Block One Ventures is currently remediating asbestos in the Florida Baptist Convention building at 1230 Hendricks Ave. with plans to eventually offer 345 apartments in the seven-story building, according to Scott Hobby of Block One. “The project is currently on hold until the rent that we can charge is able to support the total development cost we anticipate,” he said. Also, Corner Lot Development plans to renovate LaSalle Townhomes, on LaSalle  Street, as 14 three-story units.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities

acme54321

« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2018, 01:56:54 PM »
Sounds like they have scaled down the retail portion a bunch.  Wasn't it originally like 30k sq ft?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2018, 01:58:24 PM »
Yes, they scaled it down big time.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities