Author Topic: San Marco Publix Site Plan and Renderings  (Read 51593 times)

Bativac

Re: San Marco Publix Site Plan and Renderings
« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2018, 10:42:04 PM »
6 months later and still crickets over here ::)

If a Publix ever gets built on that site, I promise to stroll past it in nothing but a diaper and an oversized bonnet.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2018, 09:41:36 AM »
Crickets are certainly more noisy than the developers of that disaster...............
Oh yeah?  Regency just completed a merger to become a $16B company and they have hundreds of millions in the development and acquisition pipeline.  When have you seen a cricket do that?

MusicMan

« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2018, 02:00:34 PM »
Don't tell Bativac.

Bativac

« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2018, 12:33:51 PM »
Don't tell Bativac.

I hope the Publix opens, one day, if for no other reason than to get rid of the giant vacant lot over there. I mean even the old Baron gas station would be better than the empty lot. I still have family in the area (though some are planning their exit strategy and others have fled to St Johns County or Ponte Vedra) and I grew up near San Marco - I was a Hendricks Ave Elementary and Landon Jr High student - so I want the best for it. But like many other construction projects in Jax....just empty promises.

MusicMan

« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2018, 02:23:32 PM »
Come to think of it, that vacant lot is FULL of crickets!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Captain Zissou

« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2018, 09:15:45 AM »
Cue the Musicman belly-aching.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2018, 09:37:38 AM »
In April, Regency Centers Corp. Chairman and CEO Martin E. “Hap” Stein said the project, once envisioned as a retail and multifamily development, will be just Publix and shops and restaurants.

“It’s going to be a terrific shopping center that’ll be very favorably received by the neighborhood and what the neighborhood needs,” Stein said in April after Jacksonville-based Regency Centers Corp.’s annual meeting of shareholders. Regency is a national shopping center owner.

“It will be a very positive addition to a great neighborhood in the San Marco area,” he said.

That was six months ago. Stein said then that construction should start within the year and be completed a year after that.

Depending on how one interprets this, give them another two to six months before getting too concerned about not hearing anything out of them. What's being proposed now is different from what held the project up for over a decade. Thus, it will still take some time to modify plans, address financing, permitting, etc. before construction can begin.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2018, 10:34:51 AM »
In April, Regency Centers Corp. Chairman and CEO Martin E. “Hap” Stein said the project, once envisioned as a retail and multifamily development, will be just Publix and shops and restaurants.

“It’s going to be a terrific shopping center that’ll be very favorably received by the neighborhood and what the neighborhood needs,” Stein said in April after Jacksonville-based Regency Centers Corp.’s annual meeting of shareholders. Regency is a national shopping center owner.

“It will be a very positive addition to a great neighborhood in the San Marco area,” he said.

That was six months ago. Stein said then that construction should start within the year and be completed a year after that.

Depending on how one interprets this, give them another two to six months before getting too concerned about not hearing anything out of them. What's being proposed now is different from what held the project up for over a decade. Thus, it will still take some time to modify plans, address financing, permitting, etc. before construction can begin.

It should also come online much easier than a multistory tower with parking garage, if they're committed to doing it.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Kerry

« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2018, 11:28:35 AM »
13 years and still a vacant lot.  The old me would have suggested this fell under the heading of "Dawdling", but the new me is positive and optimistic.

https://youtu.be/_YM0Ln7KgrU
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 11:31:46 AM by Kerry »
Third Place

MusicMan

« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2018, 04:33:33 PM »
You're wrong Captain!  But I will miss the wonderful summer evening cricket serenade! 

Has it really been 13 years?  That beats out Berkman II.

Kerry

« Reply #206 on: November 01, 2018, 07:05:16 PM »
http://www.postandcourier.com/20160705/160709704/publix-to-anchor-new-westedge-building-on-charleston-peninsula

Similar Publix anchored project underway in Charleston, although this was the first word that Publix was involved.

For perspective - this project in Charleston just opened.
Third Place

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #207 on: November 01, 2018, 07:57:30 PM »
The market isn't similar. The core of Charleston is one of the most rapidly gentrifying urban districts in the country.

Kerry

« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2018, 05:57:15 PM »
The market isn't similar. The core of Charleston is one of the most rapidly gentrifying urban districts in the country.

I agree.
Third Place

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #209 on: January 11, 2019, 11:38:38 AM »
Still committed. Will 2019 be the year Publix finally breaks ground?

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/the-mathis-report-east-san-marco-is-still-moving-forward