Author Topic: Walmart Neighborhood Market planned for Baymeadows Road  (Read 1946 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Walmart Neighborhood Market planned for Baymeadows Road
« on: May 11, 2016, 01:28:45 PM »
By Karen Brune Mathis, Managing Editor

Walmart could open another Neighborhood Market in Jacksonville, this one at the Baymeadows Commons shopping center.
Bowman Consulting Group of Stuart submitted plans to the city to develop an almost 42,000-square-foot store at 9550 Baymeadows Road.

The space formerly was used as Bailey’s Powerhouse Gym, which relocated.

It would be the seventh Neighborhood Market in the Jacksonville area.

The markets are Walmart’s supermarket-size grocery stores and just a quarter of the space of a Supercenter.

PICOA Inc. of Los Angeles owns the 9.15-acre center through Baymeadows Commons Ltd. A representative did not return telephone calls or emails.

The Neighborhood Market project developer is listed as Wal-Mart Stores East L.P. in Bentonville, Ark., the headquarters for the global discount retailer.

A spokesman has not returned calls.

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=547540
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

CoastalJax

• coastaljax.com
    • The Coastal
Re: Walmart Neighborhood Market planned for Baymeadows Road
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 01:34:38 PM »
Would be a good move. That shopping center is super dead now that Bailey's is gone, it desperately needs a new tenant.

Not sure how well it will do with Winn-Dixie and Publix right down the street. Could spell the end for that Winn-Dixie if successful though; I have no idea why they have three locations on Baymeadows Rd to begin with.

mtraininjax

Re: Walmart Neighborhood Market planned for Baymeadows Road
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 05:42:09 AM »
There is a Neighborhood market on Shad Road, I think, and it does well.
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field