Author Topic: meditation on percieved anti jaguars sentiment.  (Read 6961 times)

RattlerGator

meditation on percieved anti jaguars sentiment.
« on: April 13, 2016, 11:01:17 AM »
The unrelenting and irrational Jaguars hate from a dedicated crew never ceases to amaze.

Adam White

• Facebook
Re: meditation on percieved anti jaguars sentiment.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 11:37:34 AM »
The unrelenting and irrational Jaguars hate from a dedicated crew never ceases to amaze.

It's not irrational at all.  I am an NFL fan and I know the NFL is a scam, whereby billionaires extort profits from the cities that host their assets, by threatening to move the team if they don't get what they want.  But the majority just wants their footbaw! no matter the consequences. 

There's absolutely nothing irrational about it, it is actually quite factually based.  And, yes, it will be unrelenting until billionaire owners pay for upgrades and benefits for their assets, that directly serve to make them richer at my (and your) expense.  But, gosh, can't criticize anyone who owns our precious Jaguars, can we?

+∞
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

RattlerGator

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 06:31:08 AM »
You really enjoy employing these out-of-context tricks, don't you stephen? There's an insecurity somewhere deep within you I'm sure that explains it. But, thanks for highlighting the comment anyway.

Perceived anti-Jaguars sentiment? Perceived?

Okay, man. Whatever floats your boat. You let me know the next time a billionaire investor comes to Northeast Florida, engages an activity in the downtown core that regularly brings in more than 60,000 people to multiple events every year, and said event draws the highest television ratings for any activity in the market every single time it occurs *and* is broadcast all over the nation, and said investor then agrees to partner with local government to drop an incredibly creative equivalent of Radio City Music Hall into the core and not only that stephen, in doing so, said investor thereby fills an incredible hole in our downtown entertainment portfolio -- well, when a similar mickey-fickey (colored, of course, because I'm still not sure about you on this score!) shows up . . . and you *don't* embrace him, you let me know.

Until then? MoFu, please!

camarocane

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 05:22:43 PM »
MMR, you're by far one of the most belligerent people on this site, but damn ;D

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 07:04:16 PM »
On the other hand, we keep finding ways to provide billions for roads, expressways, utility expansions, etc. needed to attract Walmart type businesses ;). We subsidize a lot of things most consider to be market rate.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

I-10east

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 06:45:27 AM »
Denial is not a river in Egypt...

With any luck the Jags will move there full-time (Orlando).

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 06:50:38 AM »
Yeah, no team is moving full-time to Orlando with the Bucs a short drive away.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

I-10east

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 06:50:23 AM »

Yeah, the point that I was getting at is that anti-Jags sentiment does exist, contrary to this thread title.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 07:54:21 AM »

Yeah, the point that I was getting at is that anti-Jags sentiment does exist, contrary to this thread title.

Of course it does! Although I would argue that it's not so much anti-Jaguars sentiment as much as it is anti-NFL franchise sentiment. Or anti-the way the city manages its relationship with the Jaguars.

I wouldn't argue that there is an editorial slant against the Jaguars on Metro Jax. I think opinions on the issue appear to vary.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”