Author Topic: Shock and Awe on Nira  (Read 18718 times)

Charles Hunter

Re: Shock and Awe on Nira
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 10:16:53 PM »
Pretty sure it is the PUD for M.D.Anderson. They were at the Southeast CPAC Monday night. Apparently presented to the CPAC zoning committee before the regular meeting, and hung around for the meeting.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 10:27:39 PM »
I believe they will be building two parking garages as a part of the M.D. Anderson project.  One will be in/or replace a portion of the parking lot on the northside of Nira that's adjacent to the railroad tracks.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

acme54321

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 11:35:34 PM »
The MD Anderson project is going to change that area a lot more than I was expecting

JBTripper

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 04:11:30 PM »
Two more houses came down in the past week or so, making for a total of five demolitions. All but one house between Belmont and Flagler has been cleared on the south side of Nira. This seems like a lot of land clearing for a shared-use path. These houses weren't any closer to the roadway than anything else along Nira. Are there going to be more demos?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 04:27:13 PM »
^The houses being torn down on the south side of Nira have nothing to do with the Baptist/MD Anderson project and the related shared-use path. Both of those will be located on the north side of the street.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

JBTripper

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 04:54:22 PM »
So what's the scoop?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 05:21:38 PM »
I have no idea. I just know that the properties on the south side of the street were not included in the PUD rezoning for the cancer center.

acme54321

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2023, 12:19:12 PM »
7 years later, still empty lots  ::)

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2023, 09:32:55 PM »
I saw the Thread Title and clicked….. thinking recent dual shooting at Train Tracks.
Bumper Sticker:

Leaving The old City Jacksonville?!
Take a Friend !
Crime  Neighborhood Decline Growth NFL $$

rbarksdale332

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2023, 08:32:39 AM »
Well, I am going to try and take advantage of the empty lots and ask all the residents of LaSalle to send a request to JTA and have the Routes for 8(A&B) changed to go down Nira instead of LaSalle. It doesn't matter how many times we complain the buses are speeding down LaSalle, they will keep doing it again. And now that there are only 3 residential homes on Nira. Those buses shake our house every 30 minutes from 6:30 am - 10:30pm.

duvaltilidie

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2023, 11:44:12 AM »
Well, I am going to try and take advantage of the empty lots and ask all the residents of LaSalle to send a request to JTA and have the Routes for 8(A&B) changed to go down Nira instead of LaSalle. It doesn't matter how many times we complain the buses are speeding down LaSalle, they will keep doing it again. And now that there are only 3 residential homes on Nira. Those buses shake our house every 30 minutes from 6:30 am - 10:30pm.
I've been chased by a city bus while out on the bike in that area So many times. I usually just go a little faster and dip out on one of the side streets, but even then, they seem to chase me until the bus stop on Children's Way & LeBaron.

acme54321

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2023, 03:14:51 PM »
Noticed today that another one has bit the dust sometime recently at the corner of Nira and Larue.  It seemed like a dent house too.