Author Topic: Political cartoons  (Read 993913 times)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Political cartoons
« Reply #5745 on: June 26, 2018, 07:12:24 AM »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

MusicMan

« Reply #5746 on: June 26, 2018, 12:08:19 PM »
The last one  BT posted is ironic, as most of my conservative friends believe any business should be able to refuse any customer they want, at any time, for any reason. The way Red Hen did. The way the "religious" baker did.

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #5747 on: June 26, 2018, 12:23:47 PM »
I am with you MusicMan the liberals should be the ones saying don't do that Red Hen and the conservatives should be saying that's fine that's how we want the world.  The only problem is we all seem to embrace hypocrisy. Perhaps after the initial urge to chuckle by the left and to fume by the right this can be a learning experience for us all.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 12:26:44 PM by JeffreyS »
"If it was that bad she would have reported it" Donald Trump

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5748 on: June 26, 2018, 12:37:25 PM »
These things certainly come around don't they... I presume this will also...  ;)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

bill

« Reply #5749 on: June 27, 2018, 12:21:25 AM »
The last one  BT posted is ironic, as most of my conservative friends believe any business should be able to refuse any customer they want, at any time, for any reason. The way Red Hen did. The way the "religious" baker did.
Slight differences, did not order something "off menu", did not take it to the SUPCO, politely left. Otherwise very similar.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #5750 on: June 27, 2018, 01:17:51 AM »
Slight differences, did not order something "off menu", did not take it to the SUPCO, politely left. Otherwise very similar.

Nice straw man. None of that was offered as the explanation for the baker's  actions. He refused to bake the cake due to religious bigotry.

The point MusicMan was making was about principles.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5751 on: June 27, 2018, 07:41:54 AM »

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #5752 on: June 27, 2018, 09:42:16 AM »
First I need to know if you're in Trump's cabinet or gay.  FIFY.
"If it was that bad she would have reported it" Donald Trump

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5753 on: June 27, 2018, 09:48:41 AM »

Lol... S Kelly Thanks you!  But it is great to see that there is no monopoly on hypocrisy...

MusicMan

« Reply #5754 on: June 27, 2018, 09:58:02 AM »
You either treat all citizens of the country equally, or you don't. You pick and choose which ones you want to serve. The way America functioned for most of the 20th Century.

The bigoted 'religous' Baker started this whole thing, refusing customers based on religious beliefs. He has now created a business where he can refuse anyone he wants based on his religious beliefs, which of course can change at any time since they are open to interpretation. It's just a truly effed up way to conduct your self in what is supposed to be the greatest free nation in the world. 

YOU EITHER TREAT ALL CITIZENS THE SAME OR YOU DON'T. WHICH NATION DO YOU WANT TO LIVE IN?

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #5755 on: June 27, 2018, 10:52:47 AM »
You either treat all citizens of the country equally, or you don't. You pick and choose which ones you want to serve. The way America functioned for most of the 20th Century.

The bigoted 'religous' Baker started this whole thing, refusing customers based on religious beliefs. He has now created a business where he can refuse anyone he wants based on his religious beliefs, which of course can change at any time since they are open to interpretation. It's just a truly effed up way to conduct your self in what is supposed to be the greatest free nation in the world. 

YOU EITHER TREAT ALL CITIZENS THE SAME OR YOU DON'T. WHICH NATION DO YOU WANT TO LIVE IN?

Actually, I think the Supreme Court ruling was quite narrow on purpose and didn't answer that.

I don't like his views, but personally think he shouldn't be forced to basically write a message he doesn't agree with. As he mentioned, he wouldn't do an anti-gay cake, either.

It's all stupid, really.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Todd_Parker

« Reply #5756 on: June 27, 2018, 03:31:27 PM »

Lol... S Kelly Thanks you!  But it is great to see that there is no monopoly on hypocrisy...

Indeed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-news-biden-baker-sarah-huckabee-red-hen-20180626-story.html

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5757 on: June 28, 2018, 06:51:15 AM »

Todd_Parker

« Reply #5758 on: June 29, 2018, 09:56:02 AM »

MusicMan

« Reply #5759 on: June 29, 2018, 10:20:42 AM »
That is beautiful.