Author Topic: New Nassau County Mall  (Read 2235 times)

spuwho

New Nassau County Mall
« on: January 27, 2016, 11:31:08 PM »
Plans for the new Nassau Regional Mall have been laid out for prospective clients.

Source: Cantrell & Morgan

http://www.cantrellmorgan.com/listing/i-95aia-nassau-regional-shopping-center-jacksonville-msa

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: New Nassau County Mall
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 11:43:55 PM »
It looks like a power center with a few retail shops and stand alone restaurants as outparcels. Something similar to Parkway Shops, across the street from River City Marketplace.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

spuwho

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 01:18:03 PM »
Ock can correct me if I am wrong, but the east/west green boundary crossing the site plan is the legacy ROW for Sen. David Yulee's railroad from Cedar Key to Fernandina. The actual RR ends back at US 17 with CSX today.

acme54321

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 01:31:51 PM »
Ock can correct me if I am wrong, but the east/west green boundary crossing the site plan is the legacy ROW for Sen. David Yulee's railroad from Cedar Key to Fernandina. The actual RR ends back at US 17 with CSX today.

No, what's shown on the site plan are transmission lines.  At this site (and bout a mile in either direction) A1A is on top of the railroad ROW.

spuwho

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 11:58:39 PM »

No, what's shown on the site plan are transmission lines.  At this site (and bout a mile in either direction) A1A is on top of the railroad ROW.

Thanks for the correction. I went back and looked at the old property lines and the old ROW does swing right up along Buccaneer Trail.

For some reason I had it in my mind that it ran farther north, but actually doesn't until east of Callahan before turning south-southwest