Author Topic: whatever happened to First Timothy's Gym?  (Read 1978 times)

stephendare

whatever happened to First Timothy's Gym?
« on: June 24, 2008, 05:20:24 PM »
http://www.metjax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2114&highlight=timothy+church

Just rereading this old thread from Metjax, did the church ever get their gymnasium built?

It was a pretty hot topic at the time.

downtownparks

Re: whatever happened to First Timothy's Gym?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 05:51:17 PM »
the Church withdrew the request, all the while the pastor and PLF were calling everyone on city council racist.

The money was reallocated before the end of PLFs term to other pet projects. Dr Gaffney put in a request upon being sworn in to recoup some of those lollipop funds to put towards other projects.

Lunican

• The Jaxson
    • MetroJacksonville.com
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:22:11 PM »
What was the money actually spent on?

downtownparks

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:50:24 PM »
I forget specifics, but I seem to remember it was a bunch of pet projects. Some good, some were political paybackl. I seem to remember A playground in Brentwood, a buss for a churchs after school programs. Something to do with a Shands project on the eastside. Part of her lolipop went to the Klutho Park bandstand rebuild (just the outside)... I just remember that Gaffneys first act as our council person was to submit legislation to pull about 300K back.

Not sure about the gym. I dont normally have a whole lot of reason to go up to Broward and 295.

Driven1

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 11:06:30 PM »
the Church withdrew the request, all the while the pastor and PLF were calling everyone on city council racist.

The money was reallocated before the end of PLFs term to other pet projects. Dr Gaffney put in a request upon being sworn in to recoup some of those lollipop funds to put towards other projects.

i miss DTP.  he provided some good info here.  wish you were here, but understand. 

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 11:22:00 PM »
Go sign up at www.sparcouncil.org.  He still posts there.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jacksonvilleconfidential

• Jacksonville Confidential
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 12:05:49 PM »
What was the money actually spent on?

Fruit Punch and Sugar Cookies
Sarcastic and Mean Spirited

downtownparks

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 03:18:26 PM »
Im still around Driven, just been lurking. I have been dealing with some pretty heavy family stuff over the last few months and massively busy at work, and I didn't need the added aggravation of the personal conflicts that his board so often gives birth too.