Author Topic: Where Jacksonville Scores: The Sports Complexes  (Read 7370 times)

I-10east

Re: Where Jacksonville Scores: The Sports Complexes
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 09:53:37 PM »
Give it 10 years or so, I won't be shocked if Kahn demands a stadium be built somewhere off 95 & 295 on the Duval/St. Johns county line.

Not gonna happen. We are not Atlanta, and this isn't a Turner Field situation; Up there is much much much more crime infested (comparing those stadium's areas respectively). For the most part, the NFL teams that go suburban with stadiums are because of acreage issues (not enough land in the urban area of usually a big city). From what I hear the Candlestick area is very ghetto, something that not a lot of people talk about; Of course the Niners moved from there to Santa Clara.

tufsu1

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 09:57:30 PM »
From what I hear the Candlestick area is very ghetto, something that not a lot of people talk about

that's because you heard wrong

I-10east

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 10:34:20 PM »
^^^There wasn't projects across from the old stadium site? Maybe that area's gentrification is now on it's way, but that area has a history of crime. Here's a Huff Post article (below) last year that called Candlestick Point "The poorest neighborhood in San Fran". So maybe you heard wrong. This 'defending every city outside of Jax' nonsense is funny to me, LOL

www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/21/eb-5-san-francisco-shipyards_n_5687158.html

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 09:34:27 AM »
^The problem here is perception. What's considered ghetto in San Francisco would be considered a booming downtown locally. What's considered ghetto in Jax would probably be third world in San Francisco.  Different places...
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 11:27:16 AM »
According to people in San Francisco, pretty much all of the east bay is "ghetto", but virtually nothing within San Francisco is.

When we were there last year, I actually heard someone refer to someone refer to some wealthy area on the east as part of "the East Bay of San Francisco", while someone else called the crime-ridden city of Richmond part of "Oakland". My friend who lives there laughed because that rich area was much farther out from San Francisco than either Richmond or Oakland.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

I-10east

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 12:05:54 PM »
Anyway....the people in SF said that it's ghetto so it's ghetto, I'm not gonna play semantics. Crime stats would present an actual representation than looking at pics, because looks can be deceiving. To me Lenox Court looks deceivingly nice from a glance here in Jax, but by me actually formerly living there, I know that it is far from the truth.

spuwho

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 12:24:47 PM »
Anyway....the people in SF said that it's ghetto so it's ghetto, I'm not gonna play semantics. Crime stats would present an actual representation than looking at pics, because looks can be deceiving. To me Lenox Court looks deceivingly nice from a glance here in Jax, but by me actually formerly living there, I know that it is far from the truth.

I agree in some respect. California is odd in that some neighborhoods can look as suburban or well kept as any other but yet have some of the higher crime rates.

Also because of the terrain, you can have an extremely wealthy gated community, and right over a hill, a crime ridden neighborhood, all in the same zip code.