Author Topic: New Downtown Living: Broadstone River House Apartments  (Read 40090 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: New Downtown Living: Broadstone River House Apartments
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2019, 11:03:56 AM »
I would add square footage to the equation. If people would stop paying for square footage they will never use(well, outside of paying additional
to furnish and heat/cool it) there would be far less of a need for settling on location. And here's an even crazier thought....maybe a little less debt.

It's a bit more complex than that when you start factoring in quality public schools, access to employment, reverse commutes for things that should be within walking or mass transit distance, etc., especially if you're not willing to exceed $300k for anything in Jax.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2019, 08:31:18 PM »
I would add square footage to the equation. If people would stop paying for square footage they will never use(well, outside of paying additional
to furnish and heat/cool it) there would be far less of a need for settling on location. And here's an even crazier thought....maybe a little less debt.

It's a bit more complex than that when you start factoring in quality public schools, access to employment, reverse commutes for things that should be within walking or mass transit distance, etc., especially if you're not willing to exceed $300k for anything in Jax.

I thought the "add to the equation" part was about as simple of a concept as there was. I will try to be a bit more clear in the future.

MusicMan

« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2019, 10:32:26 AM »
SoBa on Home Street rising faster than a yeast filled doughnut....
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:05:59 PM by MusicMan »

acme54321

« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2019, 03:29:27 PM »

I was joking a while back that it would be done before Broadstone...  that looks more like a reality now than ever ;D

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2019, 12:44:16 PM »

I was joking a while back that it would be done before Broadstone...  that looks more like a reality now than ever ;D

I walked by yesterday for the first time in a while and....what the hell? East San Marco Publix may open first.

acme54321

« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2019, 01:56:54 PM »

I walked by yesterday for the first time in a while and....what the hell? East San Marco Publix may open first.

Seriously.  There hasn't been any visible change in a month.  I think they broke ground in 2016 :o 

CityLife

« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2019, 03:08:13 PM »
Broadstone City Center in WPB was approved in July 2016 and opened in September 2018. Same developer, same size. Jacksonville, it’s slower here.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2019, 04:18:31 PM »
Broadstone City Center in WPB was approved in July 2016 and opened in September 2018. Same developer, same size. Jacksonville, it’s slower here.

Didn’t broadstone do a project at the beach here?

CityLife

« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2019, 04:32:02 PM »
Steve, yes they did “Beach House” off Shetter Ave in Jax Beach. Finished in 2009.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2019, 11:36:21 AM »
Does anyone have an official move in date?   They were saying summer 2019 but some neighbors said they heard it wasn't going to be until October.

scbennett67@gmail.com

« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2019, 04:06:03 PM »
My personal thought on why it's taking so long is they just decided to keep labor costs down by employing less people. If there's no deadline you can get away with that. back when I worked construction it was like an ant bed. People working on top of each other.

Kerry

« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2019, 07:06:39 PM »
My personal thought on why it's taking so long is they just decided to keep labor costs down by employing less people. If there's no deadline you can get away with that. back when I worked construction it was like an ant bed. People working on top of each other.

I assume they want to make a profit and that is had to do with no tennants.
Third Place

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2019, 10:13:44 AM »

Considering the amount of fixed costs involved, it's hard to believe a developer would willing slow things down.  They don't start making money until things get leased out.   As you point out, normally there's a swarm to get things done.

If they're struggling to finish things up it could be permitting issue.  Or maybe they're desperately short on cash and have no choice?

acme54321

« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2019, 12:13:51 PM »

Considering the amount of fixed costs involved, it's hard to believe a developer would willing slow things down.  They don't start making money until things get leased out.   As you point out, normally there's a swarm to get things done.

If they're struggling to finish things up it could be permitting issue.  Or maybe they're desperately short on cash and have no choice?

FWIW, their orginal construction schedule was much longer than I would have expected it to see.  I think the orginal estimate for completion was fall 2018.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2019, 03:43:12 PM »
And here come the palm trees. Lots of them.

Some of the walkway has been built too. Progress!?!

They have about 4 months to hit the Summer 2019 goal.