Author Topic: New Downtown Living: Broadstone River House Apartments  (Read 43864 times)

TimmyB

• T
Re: New Downtown Living: Broadstone River House Apartments
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2016, 10:53:38 AM »
May was supposed to see ground breaking here. I drove by this morning and there's no movement at all. Any updates?

I have no idea if this project is going forward or not, but for what it's worth, Alliance has sold off the Broadstone Beach House complex that they built in JB.  I would not say that is a good sign for their commitment to the Jax area, unless they simply got an offer they couldn't refuse.

FlaBoy

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »
May was supposed to see ground breaking here. I drove by this morning and there's no movement at all. Any updates?

:-\

vicupstate

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2016, 01:39:38 PM »

I have no idea if this project is going forward or not, but for what it's worth, Alliance has sold off the Broadstone Beach House complex that they built in JB.  I would not say that is a good sign for their commitment to the Jax area, unless they simply got an offer they couldn't refuse.

It may be a bad sign, but there are developers that build complexes, lease them up and immediately turn around and sell them to a REIT or whatever. It sounds like a great idea for a HGTV show come to think of it. 
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

TimmyB

• T
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2016, 02:24:59 PM »

It may be a bad sign, but there are developers that build complexes, lease them up and immediately turn around and sell them to a REIT or whatever. It sounds like a great idea for a HGTV show come to think of it.

Yes, I agree with that.  I don't see this as Alliance's track record, for the most part.  They seem to be in it for the long-haul, but again, they may have gotten an unbelievable number and felt they had to sell.

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2016, 02:36:27 PM »
IIRC their plans call for two more apts in Jax. I saw the JB sale and didnt think twice about it. Certainly would have liked to see them break ground but I don't think the JB sale is of any concern at all. 5000 Town sold within a year of completion. It's actually a seller's market for apt complexes as tons of hedge funds and reits seek decent returns that they can no longer get in the stock market.

TimmyB

• T
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2016, 02:57:29 PM »
IIRC their plans call for two more apts in Jax. I saw the JB sale and didnt think twice about it. Certainly would have liked to see them break ground but I don't think the JB sale is of any concern at all. 5000 Town sold within a year of completion. It's actually a seller's market for apt complexes as tons of hedge funds and reits seek decent returns that they can no longer get in the stock market.

You are probably right.  As I recall, the article about the sale mentioned the price per unit being a record amount for the Jax market at over $200K per unit.  They probably realized that was too good to pass up.

DrQue

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2016, 03:10:48 PM »
Alliance held the complex for 7 years, navigated a downturn, and sold the asset for $202,000/unit. More likely than not this will keep them interested in Jacksonville given their market knowledge and success. 

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2016, 05:23:59 PM »
Was just told less than a hour ago by a pretty good source that they are in the process of getting their permits now. Was told construction will start this summer.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

JBTripper

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2016, 10:12:25 AM »
That's good news! Would love to see something that is planned and announced for the Southbank/San Marco actually, you know, start happening. Fingers crossed on The District and East San Marco...

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
^This and the Baptist/MD Anderson project are two that are definitely on the verge of breaking ground.  I'd consider both of them "givens" at this point. 
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

FlaBoy

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2016, 05:01:25 PM »
I know the District is going to happen and construction will start hopefully by the fall or the end of this year.

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2016, 07:00:00 PM »
I know the District is going to happen and construction will start hopefully by the fall or the end of this year.

Can you share a clue or hint as to how you know it is going to happen?

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2016, 03:08:01 PM »

You are probably right.  As I recall, the article about the sale mentioned the price per unit being a record amount for the Jax market at over $200K per unit.  They probably realized that was too good to pass up.

Someone shared this in another thread but this offers a tangible explanation:

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2016/06/14/the-brooklyn-riverside-sells-for-58-million.html

The Brooklyn Riverside Apartments, a 310-unit apartment complex that was built in 2015, has been sold for $58 million, according to a broker that represented the seller.

The price per unit, the metric used by real estate professionals when comparing multifamily projects, was about $187,000. The only apartment sale to have a higher price per unit this year was the 228-unit Broadstone Beach House Apartments that sold for $203,000 or 46.3 million.

Sounds like an offer that was indeed too good to refuse.

acme54321

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2016, 10:54:13 AM »
Drove by last night and noticed that the row of trees between this site and the DCSB building had been removed.  Couldnt tell if anymore site work had been done or not though because it was really dark.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2016, 03:23:56 PM »
Construction is underway at this site. Land clearing was taking place earlier today.