Author Topic: Topgolf comes to SJTC  (Read 5688 times)

spuwho

Topgolf comes to SJTC
« on: September 20, 2015, 01:18:44 PM »
JBJ reports that Topgolf has closed on acreage at St Johns Town Center for a large entertainment buildout.

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2015/09/18/topgolf-closes-on-15-acre-plot-of-land-near-the.html?full=true

The facility, which will have three stories and 65,000 square feet, is the second location in Florida for Topgolf after Tampa. The deal was completed through SRS Real Estate Partners' Orlando office.

The facility is an entertainment center in addition to a competitive golfing facility, offering a full food and drink menu, a number of flat-screen TVs, and 3,000 square feet of event space.
The location was a strategic decision for Topgolf, especially due to its proximity to major highways, according to John Artope, who represented Topgolf in the purchase.

spuwho

Re: Topgolf comes to SJTC
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 04:53:06 PM »
http://topgolf.com/us/jacksonville/

FEATURING: 100+ bays over 3 floors | Free Wi-Fi | Rooftop Terrace | 200+ HDTVs

Appears to be a Lat360, but with a golf driving range instead of a bowling alley.

river4340

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 04:55:52 PM »
That's already been reported. It looks like JBJ just got a press release from a real estate company that was involved in the transaction.

copperfiend

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 09:39:17 AM »
I am not a golfer and probably won't use this but have to say it looks pretty cool. I am sure this will be a popular spot.

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 10:36:24 AM »
I am not a golfer and probably won't use this but have to say it looks pretty cool. I am sure this will be a popular spot.

I'm not a golfer at all, either. Have zero interest in ever picking up the game.

And this is actually a lot of fun to me. It's more like bowling with the motion of a golf swing. I have terrible technique or whatever but I'm a competitive guy so it's pretty enjoyable.

river4340

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 07:39:26 PM »
Yeah, it's probably going to be really big. The T-U story said they average 350-400,000 people a year. The wait in Tampa can be a couple of hours at peak times. And the majority of their customers do not consider themselves golfers.

The_Choose_1

• We Are Norfolk Southern
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 08:37:04 PM »
http://topgolf.com/us/jacksonville/

FEATURING: 100+ bays over 3 floors | Free Wi-Fi | Rooftop Terrace | 200+ HDTVs

Appears to be a Lat360, but with a golf driving range instead of a bowling alley.
I like this very much. This is something Jacksonville Florida needs. This project is thinking outside of the 'iron box" so many other projects never come to life here in Jax/Fl. My whole family once played golf for years. Dad truly loved golf but died back in 2008. Mom doesn't play anymore but did and had fun. My Army Lt. Colonel oldest brother plays from time to time as does my other brothers in the banking business and paper mills. My sister a school teacher once played but had to give it up for other things. I myself have always liked the ranges and keep a wood or two in my car with bad balls for someone to find deep in the woods of Ga & Fl. So I and my family look forward to this coming to Jacksonville Florida.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:38:42 PM by The_Choose_1 »
One of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts.

Prax_N_Jax

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 10:27:51 AM »
We did the Top Golf in Denver while I was on vacation and I must say, my cousins and I had an absolute blast. We went during the evening and in our booth we had our server and couches to sit on. Definitely a must try even if you're not an avid golfer.
Living in Jacksonville is like living in the province back home... so much potential for growth. not enough gitter done!

Captain Zissou

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 09:33:58 AM »
This got overshadowed by the Top Golf/Ikea Announcements, but I'm excited that Jax will finally be getting a ninja course.  I don't know that it deserves its own thread, but i figured this falls into the same "recreation activity coming to town center area" category that Top Golf does.

I saw a blurb yesterday that they have a developer and construction will start soon. Below is the initial announcement

Action sports center jumping into Jacksonville market

Velocity Air Sports has high hopes for its upcoming Jacksonville location, which it hopes to open before the end of the year.
Velocity, which has plans to build a 40,000-square-foot facility with a 25,000-square-foot indoor trampoline park and entertainment center, has closed on a location on A.C. Skinner Parkway, close to the St. Johns Town Center.

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2015/09/30/velocity-air-sports-aims-to-open-jacksonville.html

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 03:30:46 PM »
Very nice! And I think it can certainly get its own topic...there are multiple threads devoted to much lamer things on this site.

Doctor_K

• Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rod!
    • Carolina Fusion
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 11:50:57 AM »
Clearing and grading are well underway.  The parcel is between the 295 ROW and the Georgetown subdivision on Brightman Blvd.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."  -- Albert Einstein

spuwho

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 09:33:31 AM »
Topgolf has put up the poles for the netting this week.

Talk about lightning rods!!