Author Topic: The State of Downtown Jacksonville  (Read 3908 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
The State of Downtown Jacksonville
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:00:02 AM »
The State of Downtown Jacksonville

Is downtown making a comeback? Take a look for yourself. Here's Downtown Vision's latest State of Downtown report.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2015-aug-the-state-of-downtown-jacksonville

Gunnar

Re: The State of Downtown Jacksonville
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 04:56:10 AM »
I am a bit confused:

On page 7, the report mentions a class a vacancy rate of 14.1 % for Q4, 2014. This data by itself is a bit meaningless for comparison purposes if the total sf size of available space is not included - as was mentioned in another thread, if there are only few building (tear everything else down), then yes, you would get a lower vacancy rate.

I then check the report supplement to find this data but the table on page 7 only showed the total office space (all classes I assume) and a vacancy rate of 22.1% (even though the average lease rate is quite a bit lower than in the other FL cities listed).

It would have been nice if the report supplement had included a table with the same cities and classes as on the main report, i.e. shown total class A office space sf size and prices for the same cities (Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte...). This would make for a far more meaningful comparison.
I want to live in a society where people can voice unpopular opinions because I know that as a result of that, a society grows and matures...” — Hugh Hefner

mtraininjax

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 11:49:48 PM »
Downtown Vision is going to write about..........DOWNTOWN. OMG!!!!!!! What a fantastic and statistic laden report that deals with Downtown, being written by people who live, eat, drink and breathe downtown.

Only thing worse than DVI writing a report about downtown would be the Chamber writing a report about downtown and then claiming that they represent all of Jacksonville, when their friggin offices are located at the base of the Main Street Bridge.
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field

I-10east

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 11:00:05 PM »

mtraininjax

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 01:09:56 AM »
Retail follows rooftops of residents. Need more residents downtown. Hopefully Florida Coastal and FSCJ can add more students downtown to help, till downtown gets out of its own way.
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field

UNFurbanist

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 01:26:11 PM »
This might help soon too! Broadstone is a go for May. http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=546887

vicupstate

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »
Glad to see it drop, but I didn't know it was 27% before. That is really high. 
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

whyisjohngalt

• EPOCH
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 07:12:33 PM »
Retail follows rooftops of residents. Need more residents downtown. Hopefully Florida Coastal and FSCJ can add more students downtown to help, till downtown gets out of its own way.

+bajonga