Author Topic: Third Generation Jacksonville native  (Read 1811 times)

hugh009

Third Generation Jacksonville native
« on: June 12, 2015, 06:33:10 PM »
Yes I am 3rd generation who moved away from Jacksonville in 1978 only returning for my Mom's funeral in 1988. I grew up in Riverside Avondale area where my grandfather Hugh McAden built numerous homes and the still occupied San Juline Apartments.

I attended Fishweir, St Johns Country Day and graduated from Bolles in 64 where I was classmates with legendary Gram Parsons who I will honor at Bolles October 10 as our first inductee into our Southern Music Hall of Fame & Museum which is also scheduled to be in Jacksonville the month of October. However I have not heard one word from the people I was working with as they were suppose to be checking to see if we could place our 60 foot diameter traveling dome on the St Johns River on JEA property.

This is the THIRD time I have offered supposedly interested parties this opportunity and I will tell you it will be the LAST!

Jacksonville has the opportunity to make music history as we believe this will be the first pop up museum in the USA!

Hugh Simpson
http://www.southernmusichall.com
Co-Founder.

Noone

Re: Third Generation Jacksonville native
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 09:33:37 PM »
Good luck.
I just received an email back from JEA and again it's a big NO when it comes to Fight Blight because you know its Right when offering to clean up their property from the River.

JEA- Building Community? Yeah Right!

InnerCityPressure

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 09:51:43 PM »
Is there a reason that you wouldn't park it somewhere more readily accessible like the Everbank Field parking lot, Metro Park or the Shipyards?  You would get a ton of visitors/publicity on the October 18 and 25 games.  You would obviously need to have your act completely together.  But, if you do, then that would be the way to go.

Know Growth

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 10:09:07 PM »
  You would obviously need to have your act completely together. 

:-*

Third Gen Native reference no longer a qualification.