Author Topic: Will Wild Adventures Ever get that Signature Rollercoaster?  (Read 31792 times)

KenFSU

Re: Will Wild Adventures Ever get that Signature Rollercoaster?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 11:43:03 AM »
^The Hulk will be back Adam! It's just temporarily down for refurbishment. I believe Fall 2016 is the date I heard for the reopening.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 12:57:05 PM »
I'm one of those who've never been to WA. If I'm making that drive, I get more value driving back home to Central Florida. Hit a park on the cheap and get a Sunday dinner out of mom!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 01:41:21 PM »
^The Hulk will be back Adam! It's just temporarily down for refurbishment. I believe Fall 2016 is the date I heard for the reopening.

Excellent!
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 12:25:46 AM »
Central Florida has cheap parks? Isn't just parking at the rat now something like $22?
When I lived in central Florida, sea world was always the best value, but still more than WA.
Jags season ticket holder.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 06:30:20 AM »
"Hometown discount". Thousands work at various parks down there.  Thus, I've never paid to get into a Disney park. Even, when Legoland opened, I was able to take advantage of a few great deals. The last one I paid to go to was Sea World. However, two of my tickets were free.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

I-10east

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2015, 08:23:36 AM »
Thanks for the info. I-10 mentioned it wouldn't be worth it without the water park and I think I'd want to do that if possible. Might be something to consider for next summer.

Fair enough. I like to say if you haven't been to a particular place that you're thinking about visiting, try it for yourself atleast once. I was just saying that opinion from my perspective, as I been there multiple times. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:29:43 AM by I-10east »

I-10east

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2015, 08:56:52 AM »
Thanks I-10. Are you saying they got rid of the Hulk at Islands of Adventure? That ride was great! I hadn't been to that park until January 2011. I don't know why it took me so long. But I loved the Hulk. I was hoping to get to ride it again someday. Will probably go back for the Harry Potter stuff anyway.

Yeah, it will be back in 2016 which technically is an entire different coaster than the former "Incredible Hulk". IMO the word 'replacement' is more suitable than 'refurbishment' as all of the coaster track has came down. It will be interesting to see it the name 2016 name will be tweaked with, like ie a hypothetical "Hulk's Revenge".

I used to really love the two inverts at IOA when they was known as Dueling Dragons (now Dragon Challenge; with the Harry Potter theme). They used to duel in synchronization, but due to some people getting hurt by loose objects they stopped dueling them. Now they run the coasters 'staggered' opposed to in synchronization. If I had to guess, I bet it was that some bad ass kids was throwing stuff at the opposing trains, SMH..Always think the worst case scenario when people are involved with anything.

Universal Orlando said this week it has decided to permanently end the practice of launching the two coasters simultaneously. The resort now bills the attraction as a "high-speed chase between two coasters."

That decision follows an internal investigation into two summer accidents in which riders were apparently struck by loose objects while aboard the attraction. One was gruesome: A 52-year-old Puerto Rico man suffered a lacerated right eye and ultimately had to have the eyeball removed, according to his lawyer.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-10-19/travel/os-universal-dragon-challenge-20111018_1_roller-coasters-wizarding-world-theme-parks

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:07:04 AM by I-10east »

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2015, 05:49:09 PM »
Thanks for the info. I-10 mentioned it wouldn't be worth it without the water park and I think I'd want to do that if possible. Might be something to consider for next summer.

Fair enough. I like to say if you haven't been to a particular place that you're thinking about visiting, try it for yourself atleast once. I was just saying that opinion from my perspective, as I been there multiple times.

No, I appreciate it. I will likely go at some point - though will try to keep my expectations in check.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”