Author Topic: Sneakers off Baymeadows likely to close after foreclosure sale  (Read 2808 times)

pierre

By Mark Basch, Contributing Writer

Sneakers Sports Grille on Point Meadows Drive will likely shut its doors in the next couple of weeks after CenterState Bank of Florida acquired the property in a foreclosure sale Wednesday.
CenterState filed a foreclosure suit in Duval County Circuit Court last year against Sneakers Sports Grille Point Meadows Inc., and Circuit Judge Harvey Jay entered a judgment in favor of CenterState in January and ordered the sale.

The other Sneakers restaurant in Jacksonville Beach was not part of the lawsuit and is not affected by the foreclosure.

The bank expects to gain title to the restaurant near the intersection of Baymeadows Road and Interstate 295 in 10 to 15 days, said Christian George, an attorney at Akerman LLP who is representing CenterState.

Once CenterState gains title, it plans to close down the restaurant and market the property for sale, although the current owners could shut it down before that.

“CenterState has no intention of running the restaurant,” George said.

“Unfortunately, CenterState tried to work with the restaurant for years but ultimately, the restaurant failed,” he said.

Both Sneakers restaurants filed separate Chapter 11 reorganization petitions in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Jacksonville in 2012.

Sneakers in Point Meadows opened in 2006 and was owned by Nicholas and Susan Pratt, according to bankruptcy court documents. Sneakers in Jacksonville Beach was opened in 2001 by Gregory Pratt, Nicholas’ brother.

The Jacksonville Beach restaurant emerged from bankruptcy in September 2012, while the Point Meadows restaurant emerged in March 2013.

CenterState was the largest creditor of the Point Meadows restaurant and agreed to the debt reorganization plan that was confirmed by the court.

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=545221

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: Sneakers off Baymeadows likely to close after foreclosure sale
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 06:13:32 PM »
For some reason, I thought they had already closed.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

copperfiend

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 07:27:26 AM »
I liked it when it first opened. I did some remotes there back in 2006-07 with AM930 when Pete Prisco and Joe Cowart were still at the station. The food was never great but it was huge and had an insane amount of TV's. The last time I went was maybe two years ago and it was awful. Hopefully another sports bar can move into that space.

ChriswUfGator

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 09:26:02 AM »
Sneakers outgrew themselves. They were better before they moved out of the strip mall and into that giant multimillion dollar building. It was quaint and had character before, afterwards it was just huge. Too huge. A shame.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 11:15:01 AM »
^I agree. It was too huge.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

FSBA

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 05:21:43 PM »
I liked it when it first opened. I did some remotes there back in 2006-07 with AM930 when Pete Prisco and Joe Cowart were still at the station. The food was never great but it was huge and had an insane amount of TV's. The last time I went was maybe two years ago and it was awful. Hopefully another sports bar can move into that space.

Agreed on the service. About 2 years ago I called ahead to book the side room for the department Christmas Party. Lady on the phone says its no problem and I make the reservation. We get there and the woman at the front desk says another party already booked it. After about a hour of sitting in the regular area, I get a call on my cell phone. It was the manager of Sneaker's wondering if my party was showing up.
I support meaningless jingoistic cliches

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 07:20:02 PM »
You should've canceled on the phone, and then acted real pissed and stormed out of the restaurant.