Author Topic: MJ's new "Read-Gate" on Articles  (Read 8472 times)

Charles Hunter

Re: MJ's new "Read-Gate" on Articles
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 04:05:23 PM »
Speaking of loud, annoying ads, I just got one when loading MJ as a guest.
A monthly survey is no big deal,.  Keep up the great work.

Edward

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 10:08:34 PM »
I'm still sort of a newbie to the site and really do enjoy checking it out almost daily. I have no problem with the fact that you have to generate revenue - somehow. Ads, surveys, etc. are part of the reality of the "free" internet. Thanks for the site.

IrvAdams

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 09:06:47 AM »
I have absolutely no problem with the survey or the ads. I visit almost every day and think that this is probably the most useful forum and news site I have ever read, either locally or nationally. The feedback is awesome.

Keep it up, please.
“He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still”
- Lao Tzu

riverside_mail

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 10:00:58 AM »
I wondered why I couldn't read yesterday's article. As I didn't see anything about a survey, I just assumed it was a glitch and moved on. I have no problem with doing a survey once a month or with the ads as long as the ads aren't loud and obnoxious.

marty904

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2015, 08:01:48 AM »
Ok, I get that MJ.com is trying to monetize the website and I'm totally ok with that but the latest video ads are getting a little too invasive.  I'm trying to read posts and all the sudden, the page jumps up to the top and starts blaring audio from the video ad.  All the new ads are fine but when you start forcing people to stop reading and forcibly be taken to watch a video in the middle of reading, that is just terrible UX...

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2015, 08:37:49 AM »
There's no new ad units. Some campaign must be running in one of the existing banners. We'll take a look.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sheclown

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2015, 12:39:00 PM »
do whatever you need to do to keep it going along