Author Topic: 2nd Phase of 220 Riverside Coming Soon  (Read 17679 times)

Coolyfett

• Mike Hogan Destruction Eruption!
Re: 2nd Phase of 220 Riverside Coming Soon
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2014, 07:39:48 AM »
Is Brooklyn in the house!?
Mike Hogan Destruction Eruption!

tlemans

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2014, 09:59:28 AM »
Any word on what restaurants or retail will be going in at 220 Riverside?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2014, 10:14:53 AM »
Kevin Sbraga, a celebrity chef and winner of Bravo’s “Top Chef” season seven, will open his first restaurant outside of Philadelphia at 220 Riverside, which is under development in the Brooklyn area of Downtown.

^ http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2014/07/30/celebrity-chef-coming-to-220-riverside.html?page=all

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=543552
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jaxjaguar

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 07:23:07 PM »
Agree the Orlando tower looks cool.

JaxGIS shows the land directly east of 220 Riverside named "200 Riverside Avenue LLP" contains two parcels of 1.22 acres and .49 acres, totaling 1.71 acres. The Orlando article states that tower is on a .7 acre parcel. For what it's worth, that's potentially 244% larger land area.

Blue areas are currently being developed, red has houses on it where the owners are asking a ridiculous $1million per house, yellow is available to be developed... I'm predicting at least 20 stories.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2014, 07:49:29 PM »
^Here you go!

There's also a hotel proposed for the block of Magnolia, between Dora and Price. If I were the owners of one of those three houses on Magnolia, I wouldn't sell.  If you want to enjoy the revitalized district that has been promised to neighborhood residents for decades, then don't move or sell to the first traveling bible salesman.

I'd fix my shotgun up, start enjoying the benefits that millennials across the street are paying high rents for, while letting the rest of the neighborhood redevelop and increase in value right around me. That's a wealth come up like a mofo.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

duvaldude08

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2014, 09:49:52 PM »
Lake, that is indeed the parcel that about a year ago I heard was to be the future site of a parking garage. So I imagine yes.

Had no idea they were considering adding so many units. Does this mean they're actually leasing well in the first phase? My parents said Brooklyn-Riverside construction seems to have halted...

I pass by everyday on the way to work. Construction is still on going.
Jaguars 2.0

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2014, 10:00:17 PM »
Yeah. I drove by today and saw construction activity at the Brooklyn Riverside development.

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2014, 10:08:03 PM »
Agree the Orlando tower looks cool.

JaxGIS shows the land directly east of 220 Riverside named "200 Riverside Avenue LLP" contains two parcels of 1.22 acres and .49 acres, totaling 1.71 acres. The Orlando article states that tower is on a .7 acre parcel. For what it's worth, that's potentially 244% larger land area.

Blue areas are currently being developed, red has houses on it where the owners are asking a ridiculous $1million per house, yellow is available to be developed... I'm predicting at least 20 stories.

The yellow area is 1.71 acres according to GIS. That's all I'm saying.
Yeah, there's a cleared lot for sale in the red area that I called to inquire about a few months ago. Guy told me they are asking 1 million bucks and had a few offers already. I laughed and hung up.

Lake, that is indeed the parcel that about a year ago I heard was to be the future site of a parking garage. So I imagine yes.

Had no idea they were considering adding so many units. Does this mean they're actually leasing well in the first phase? My parents said Brooklyn-Riverside construction seems to have halted...

I pass by everyday on the way to work. Construction is still on going.

Yeah, I just got back to town and there's definitely work going on. Not sure what my parents saw but they were probably mistaken.

If I were the owners of one of those three houses on Magnolia, I wouldn't sell.  If you want to enjoy the revitalized district that has been promised to neighborhood residents for decades, then don't move or sell to the first traveling bible salesman.

I'd fix my shotgun up, start enjoying the benefits that millennials across the street are paying high rents for, while letting the rest of the neighborhood redevelop and increase in value right around me. That's a wealth come up like a mofo.

That's the dark side (perhaps) of gentrification. You wouldn't sell, but many people can't afford to fix up their places. Some might not be able to afford the increased property tax each year. And most can't afford to pass up the pay day.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2014, 10:17:31 PM »
There's a few lots available around Leila and Magnolia.  Anyone know what the asking price is?

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2014, 10:57:12 PM »
one hundred billion dollars

Noone

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2017, 09:49:21 AM »
^Here you go!

There's also a hotel proposed for the block of Magnolia, between Dora and Price. If I were the owners of one of those three houses on Magnolia, I wouldn't sell.  If you want to enjoy the revitalized district that has been promised to neighborhood residents for decades, then don't move or sell to the first traveling bible salesman.

Noticed meeting on Unity Plaza 5/9/17 10am. Conf. Rm A with Greg Anderson and Sam Newby. Open to the Public.