Author Topic: 2nd Phase of 220 Riverside Coming Soon  (Read 17650 times)

edjax

Re: 2nd Phase of 220 Riverside Coming Soon
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 11:23:39 AM »
Thinking about crunching some numbers and seeing what percentage of Noone's posts about kayaking and the Waterways Commission appear in threads that have nothing to do with kayaking or the Waterways Commission.

It could be called an Annoyance Factor. 

acme54321

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 12:23:45 PM »
Thinking about crunching some numbers and seeing what percentage of Noone's posts about kayaking and the Waterways Commission appear in threads that have nothing to do with kayaking or the Waterways Commission.

+1

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 01:23:14 PM »
So, for the next 2 years, new residents at 220 get to hear hammers and saws all day.

The sound of progress, potential and a vibrant future. Much better than crickets, wrecking balls, and zombies eating the few people remaining in an abandoned city. :)
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jaxjaguar

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »
Hallmark says it will be a mirror image of their first building and  will make it look like one big building. So, same height as the current one in construction.

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=544314

It says it'll look the same, as in same design and colors, but I highly doubt they'll be able to fit that amount of units into a building the same height... Especially considering how much smaller that plot is

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 01:31:30 PM »
I agree, unless the next building's windows will be an inch from the preexisting windows.  I would say they will have to add some floors. 

Gamblor

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2014, 02:50:11 PM »

+1

I bet 98%

pierre

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 03:40:14 PM »

+1

I bet 98%

Thats low

Noone

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 04:27:09 PM »

+1

I bet 98%

Thats low

The legislation is 2014-748 and it seems to be the only piece of legislation that wasn't given a Public Hearing date. It was mentioned at the 10/22/14 DIA Board meeting that they wanted the council to pass the pension legislation and that could be one explanation. That is a 50/50 bet.

I love MJ

simms3

• Time has come
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 04:44:05 PM »
So, for the next 2 years, new residents at 220 get to hear hammers and saws all day.

Really?  If the building is truly filled with 20s/30 somethings, then nobody will be in their apartment during daytime construction anyway.  Also, sounds of progress are better than nothing at all - still going to be a lot quieter on average than living in a big city.  I'm currently sandwiched between 2 tower cranes myself in a mostly residential area of +/- 5-10 story buildings where the street noises and the noises of people breathing/having sex/parties in my own building are far louder than any beep beeps of cranes/workers on-site nearby.  Exciting to walk by the new buildings taking over underused lots (not exciting that my favorite/next-door family-owned sports store of 60 years Lombardi's is closing by 12/31 to make way for a new condo building...blah).
Bothering locals and trolling boards since 2005

I-10east

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2014, 05:51:23 PM »
The sound of progress, potential and a vibrant future. Much better than crickets, wrecking balls, and zombies eating the few people remaining in an abandoned city. :)

Bingo!!!

Concerning future Jax highrises, I would prefer the see them concentrated specifically in downtown's Northbank adding to the main skyline, opposed to the Southbank and Riverside.

brainstormer

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 11:00:58 PM »
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2014/07/exclusive-contractor-named-for-42m-downtown.html

Ok. So I read the article that it might look similar to 220 Riverside. My issue is that for the same amount of money, Orlando is getting this. Would a different look not add some flavor to the area? A tower would give people some awesome views of the river and downtown.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:02:49 PM by brainstormer »

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 11:29:35 PM »
^That's a nice looking tower. With that said, I'm not complaining about 220 Riverside's design.  It's a step up from what we've traditionally seen in Jax.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

iMarvin

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 12:35:27 AM »
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2014/07/exclusive-contractor-named-for-42m-downtown.html

Ok. So I read the article that it might look similar to 220 Riverside. My issue is that for the same amount of money, Orlando is getting this. Would a different look not add some flavor to the area? A tower would give people some awesome views of the river and downtown.

This tower has almost the same amount of units/parking and is going to be 23 stories on a similar sized lot. I don't see how Hallmark is going to be able to fit all that in a <10 story tower.

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2014, 02:01:13 AM »
Agree the Orlando tower looks cool.

JaxGIS shows the land directly east of 220 Riverside named "200 Riverside Avenue LLP" contains two parcels of 1.22 acres and .49 acres, totaling 1.71 acres. The Orlando article states that tower is on a .7 acre parcel. For what it's worth, that's potentially 244% larger land area.

Noone

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2014, 05:51:18 AM »
^Good post. That Orlando tower is signature.

Stay positive. Unity Plaza is not just a retention pond. The future potential 24/7 drinking options that will be coming to this area.