Author Topic: Jacksonville Mayor? The Ten Who Should Run  (Read 6410 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Jacksonville Mayor? The Ten Who Should Run
« on: August 28, 2014, 06:15:02 PM »
Jacksonville Mayor? The Ten Who Should Run

In a totally arbitrary manner, we present ten people who aren't running for Mayor that should! Sometimes its hard to forget how many smart capable people we actually have in Jacksonville, so join us for our list after the Jump!

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2014-aug-jacksonville-mayor-the-nine-who-should-run-
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:17:57 PM by stephendare »

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
Re: Jacksonville Mayor? The Ten Who Should Run
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:26:37 AM »
Now that is a list.  Can you image all of them back to back mayors? 

PeeJayEss

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 08:38:17 AM »
Ennis Davis voted himself off the list.

Because he actually IS running, right?!
Oh yea!

mbwright

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 09:06:54 AM »
or the whole group on city council?

urbanlibertarian

• Duuuvaall!!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »
Change the city charter to make Shad Khan King of Jacksonville and able to appoint the mayor.  Just kidding, of course, but the guy definitely knows how to hire very competent people and might actually choose someone on the list.  Is Tim Tebow available? ;-)
Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes (Who watches the watchmen?)

Jack Adams

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 11:35:38 AM »
I know #1 fairly well and know he would make an outstanding mayor. :)

downtownbrown

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 01:54:35 PM »

Audrey Moran

Its not a secret that Audrey has fanboys in the public policy and planning camps.  She represents the best of the Delaney Years and manages to be both business savvy and not for profit oriented at the same time.  Tremendous personal style and the ability to bring really oppositional voices together make her one of the better candidates for mayor.

Her rep last time was that she was no fan of downtown and too lenient on the vagrant incursion.  Nothing of note ever happened in downtown during her era, did it?

downtownbrown

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »
ah yes, that, but I was thinking about Downtown.  And you have Mullaney on the list.  Ever hear of the Shipyards?

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 02:54:17 PM »
Audrey Moran and Rick Mullaney both served in several different high level positions under Mayor Ed Austin and my father, John Delaney. Some people think this era was pretty good for downtown. Under Ed, a few notable accomplishments include reconstructing the Times-Union Center, extending the Riverwalks, restoring the empty St. James Building as the new City Hall, and bringing a little outfit called as the Jacksonville Jaguars to play at the stadium - which was also totally reconstructed. Under my father, there were one or two projects here and there. The Better Jacksonville Plan, the new library, the Baseball Grounds, the Arena, and deals for the Hyatt and most of the new and renovated residential buildings that currently exist in the Northbank and Southbank, come to mind.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 03:14:08 PM »
Mullaney won't get my vote, if he had have dropped out sooner last time I believe Audrey would've made it.
Sadly, the Hogan camp might be starting up again:
http://folioweekly.com/IS-MIKE-HOGAN-PLANNING-A-COMEBACK,10742
Jags season ticket holder.

Anti redneck

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 05:03:14 PM »
About 4 years ago, Alvin Brown was mentioned as well, granted he was a better candidate than Mike Hogan.

edjax

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 05:05:43 PM »
While I loved Delaney as Mayor, is this not where we got the DROP issue with our pension plan?  Which to me is a huge negative.  I am not really sure he was the lead behind this disaster, but the T-U seem to tie him to that this past weekend in the article. While great for downtown, if this was truly an initiative of his I think this would certainly taint his mayoral years as this is a potential huge negative for many years ahead.

Demosthenes

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »
I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, that Tony Alligretti was left off the list. Tony has done more for the core than almost anyone else on the list. Period.

downtownbrown

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 09:10:19 AM »
I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, that Tony Alligretti was left off the list. Tony has done more for the core than almost anyone else on the list. Period.

thank your Mrs. Alligretti.

mtraininjax

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 12:43:20 AM »
Sadly carrying the "core" does not win elections. Shocked that no african americans made the list.
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field