Author Topic: Millentrepreneurs of #Duval  (Read 1993 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Millentrepreneurs of #Duval
« on: June 01, 2014, 03:00:02 AM »
Millentrepreneurs of #Duval

Richard David Smith III of EU Jacksonville writes about the young entrepreneurs spearheading downtown Jacksonville's revitalization.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2014-jun-millentrepreneurs-of-duval

Noone

Re: Millentrepreneurs of #Duval
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 06:47:43 AM »
Nice article. I've been to Burro Bar. Loved it. Part of Jack's quote when he says "forgiving when it comes to how polished everything has to be" What are his and the others thoughts on the River Downtown and how it should be engaged commercially?

For example on the Southbank with the yet to be built Riverwalk that at a recent meeting we will be giving one vendor a 10 year no compete clause and everyone else is out of luck. 2014-305 this is active legislation and is in Finance and RCD 6/3/14 Finance agenda is at 8:30 am 4th floor. Councilman Greg Anderson is Chair and the meeting starts at 9 am in council chambers, RCD agenda meeting is 1:30 pm 4th floor. Councilman Crescimbeni is the Chair and the meeting starts at 2pm in council chambers.

If any of you guys want to go kayaking and fishing under the brand new NO FISHING signs that was never before Waterways let me know. 904-434-0839
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:53:40 AM by Noone »

ronchamblin

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 06:46:19 PM »
Cameron, Jack, and Grant ... I don't drink much socially anymore, so I rarely get over to your places.  As a consequence of my dry days, I've not had an opportunity to tell you how wonderful it is that you guys had the vision for your projects -- and then you had the will, guts, and the hard work to actually "open up" in the core.

Since I very seldom help you by visiting to have a drink or two, I wish to extend an offer to help if there is ever an occasion of need ... alined with my ability to do so.

Your kind of establishments are exactly what we need to encourage people to visit the core. 

Press On ...  and thank you for what you are doing.  :)

BoldBoyOfTheSouth

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 10:05:47 PM »
This sounds nice but most of us know Millenials for which their parents took out cash out mortgage refis to pay for their college and rent and car and visa bills only to still have to pay for all of this once they graduated and to add insult to injury, a great deal of them moved back home post college and their parents are still paying their visa bills, their car payments and insurance .

At least it's good to know that a small percentage of Millenials are making it on their own without daddy fronting their start up money or mummy paying their rent while their start up hobby gets off the ground.

MARK MY WORDS, Milenials will ultimately go down in history absolutely convinced they were "self made". 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:08:13 PM by BoldBoyOfTheSouth »

East_of_king_street

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 08:22:42 AM »
"At least it's good to know that a small percentage of Millenials are making it on their own without daddy fronting their start up money or mummy paying their rent while their start up hobby gets off the ground."

Well, you just excluded two of the three dudes pictured up top then.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 09:33:31 AM »
^BoldBoyOfTheSouth is something of a poster child for "typing before thinking". Must be his generation ;)
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

IrvAdams

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 09:46:25 AM »
^^ Oh man, sometimes we sound like our parents. Or Grandparents.
“He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still”
- Lao Tzu