Author Topic: Shoppes on Riverside Renderings  (Read 15792 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Shoppes on Riverside Renderings
« on: April 02, 2014, 03:00:01 AM »
Shoppes on Riverside Renderings

A brief look at the proposed design of Shoppes on Riverside, downtown's first major retail project in decades.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2014-apr-shoppes-on-riverside-renderings

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
Re: Shoppes on Riverside Renderings
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 03:18:16 AM »
Would have been nice if they had built a parking garage with retail, instead of the open air parking. We really need to get away from that in the DT and surrounding areas. This still is a nice improvement for the area and I am please to see this development.

Kay

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 07:31:30 AM »
Also looks like storefront windows/doors are cheap materials.

Bridges

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 08:08:20 AM »
Surprised that they don't have a direct car pull in from Riverside Ave.  I like that.  Seems like a small plus.
So I said to him: Arthur, Artie come on, why does the salesman have to die? Change the title; The life of a salesman. That's what people want to see.

jaxlore

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 08:38:41 AM »
"regency centers" bringing the town center to a urban core near you.

They will probably never get it or are just to greedy to want to get it.

johnnyliar

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 09:42:56 AM »
The most exciting thing about all of this is the expansion of the skyway!
How likely is that to actually happen? Should I not hold my breath?

Captain Zissou

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 09:43:52 AM »
I would have liked to see some outdoor seating along riverside ave. this development is by no means urban, but it will add ammenities to the urban core that will make it a more viable option for residents and future development.

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 09:48:55 AM »
It doesn't mean it can't change in the future. 

Bridges

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 10:15:20 AM »
"regency centers" bringing the town center to a urban core near you.

They will probably never get it or are just to greedy to want to get it.

They don't have to "get it".  The DDRB can make them "get it"...if they wanted to.
So I said to him: Arthur, Artie come on, why does the salesman have to die? Change the title; The life of a salesman. That's what people want to see.

edjax

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 10:27:08 AM »
I would have liked to see some outdoor seating along riverside ave. this development is by no means urban, but it will add ammenities to the urban core that will make it a more viable option for residents and future development.

It would appear to include outdoor seating in front of the three buildings along Riverside.

duvaldude08

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 10:34:22 AM »

How so?
Jaguars 2.0

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 12:40:14 PM »
Materials will probably be the same as any other strip center going up these days. A similar scaled shopping center, also anchored by Fresh Market, opened a few miles north of downtown Orlando last Fall. I suspect, at the end of the day, the architectural, material and landscaping quality of Shoppes on Riverside will be pretty similar.

The Market at Mills Park is the retail portion of Mills Park, a 14.5-acre site of a city-approved mixed-use development that will include retail, multifamily and office.  Anchored by a 20,900 square foot Fresh Market, The Market at Mills Park will feature a dynamic mix of Class “A” retailers amongst spacious outdoor seating areas, lush landscaping and a park element that will differentiate the project from all other developments in Central Florida. The park will include small freestanding retail buildings offering treats such as ice cream and adult and kid-friendly beverages as well as a bike repair shop surrounded by subtle landscape and unique water features for those traveling on the Orlando Urban Train.
http://www.debartolodevelopment.com/projects/mixed-use/mills-park/

http://www.debartolodevelopment.com/debartolodevelopment/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/FL-Orlando-Mills.ppt.pdf

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

duvaldude08

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 12:51:23 PM »
I wonder if someone got arrested for painting art work on that electrical box.. Hummmmmm LOL

Materials will probably be the same as any other strip center going up these days. A similar scaled shopping center, also anchored by Fresh Market, opened a few miles north of downtown Orlando last Fall. I suspect, at the end of the day, the architectural, material and landscaping quality of Shoppes on Riverside will be pretty similar.

The Market at Mills Park is the retail portion of Mills Park, a 14.5-acre site of a city-approved mixed-use development that will include retail, multifamily and office.  Anchored by a 20,900 square foot Fresh Market, The Market at Mills Park will feature a dynamic mix of Class “A” retailers amongst spacious outdoor seating areas, lush landscaping and a park element that will differentiate the project from all other developments in Central Florida. The park will include small freestanding retail buildings offering treats such as ice cream and adult and kid-friendly beverages as well as a bike repair shop surrounded by subtle landscape and unique water features for those traveling on the Orlando Urban Train.
http://www.debartolodevelopment.com/projects/mixed-use/mills-park/

http://www.debartolodevelopment.com/debartolodevelopment/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/FL-Orlando-Mills.ppt.pdf

Jaguars 2.0

JaxNative68

• Be obscure clearly
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 02:09:25 PM »
looks like a 'vandal' got a hold of the electrical box in one of Lake's photos.

jaxresident1

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 02:10:24 PM »

How so?

It's a rendering, how could you possibly know the quality of materials? Furthermore, even if they were cheap materials how does that affect you?