Author Topic: Shoppes on Riverside Renderings  (Read 15773 times)

edjax

Re: Shoppes on Riverside Renderings
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 02:38:02 PM »
^^ welcome. Oh people just like to whine. 

I-10east

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 03:28:25 PM »
^^^Yup, I've been saying that for years. I won't be surprised if some person that's living in their ivory tower decides to boycott a new restaurant because it's landscaping has one 'undesirable' type of tree that they don't like. Nothing in the most extreme manner of prissiness will ever surprise me.

mtraininjax

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 07:27:54 PM »
Would have been nice if they had built a parking garage with retail, instead of the open air parking. We really need to get away from that in the DT and surrounding areas. This still is a nice improvement for the area and I am please to see this development.

Why stop there? We should have a light rail line that runs in a circle around the property. It would also making a FLUSH sound as it passed you to symbolize the money rushing down the drain for the fantasy. If we're gonna dream, let's dream like we're nuts!
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field

mtraininjax

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 07:35:07 PM »
thanks for providing the first example!

To quote someone a legend in their OWN mind.......YAWNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”

mtraininjax

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 07:40:12 PM »
this is why i love you, mtrain.

Feeling is mutual. Everyone needs a Ying to their Yang!

MEGATRON

• MEGATRON IS THE TRUE RULER OF CYBERTRON
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 07:51:19 PM »
Also looks like storefront windows/doors are cheap materials.

How so?

It's a rendering, how could you possibly know the quality of materials? Furthermore, even if they were cheap materials how does that affect you?
she doesn't. She just wanted to chime in on the bitching and moaning that occurs any time a new development is discussed on this website. It's pathetic.
PEACE THROUGH TYRANNY

MEGATRON

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 08:10:26 PM »
oversimplifications and straw man accusations are worse, megatron.

And whilst Kay and I disagree (notably) on a few things, I think this is a very unfair characterization.
please Stephen. This board has turned into the same half dozen or so folks denigrating any new development that comes along.  Other posters have tired if it and stopped posting.

In regard to Kay, how on earth would she determine the materials were shoddy or cheap from those drawings?
PEACE THROUGH TYRANNY

MEGATRON

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 08:23:35 PM »
oversimplifications and straw man accusations are worse, megatron.

And whilst Kay and I disagree (notably) on a few things, I think this is a very unfair characterization.
please Stephen. This board has turned into the same half dozen or so folks denigrating any new development that comes along.  Other posters have tired if it and stopped posting.

In regard to Kay, how on earth would she determine the materials were shoddy or cheap from those drawings?

meh.  Just because people disagree with your sometimes odd points of view doesnt make this a true statement, megatron.  And both our number of posters and readers have actually increased, not decreased.  (although for the past couple of weeks, both Lake and I have been a little preoccupied to engage with our usual level of response)

And while there is a group of people who are unecessarily negative at times, there are far more of us who are pretty positive.  Really, the biggest argument is one of our site trolls, I 10, making every post that he cant quite sound out into a 'debate' about how people are 'down' on Jacksonville----which is literally ludicrous.

Perhaps you mistake some of the conversations for criticism of development rather than smart process or good development.  But it takes understanding the underlying conservative reasons for proper planning to grasp why people would think the issues are important, and your posting history seems to indicate that you don't have much of an open mind for discussing those deeply conservative ideas.
a large group that are unnecessarily negative.

As for me, I know far more about proper planning than 95% of the posters here.
PEACE THROUGH TYRANNY

MEGATRON

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 08:26:48 PM »
Yes indeed
PEACE THROUGH TYRANNY

I-10east

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2014, 08:31:51 PM »
^^^You're being so hypocritical. You're SO against 'strawman arguments' but yet you made me into one, go figure... To you, the unfair negative criticisms of the city is perfectly okay (you protect that element) but anytime I try to be fair and reasoned, you call me an 'on site troll'. 

How in the hell I'm I a troll, when more than not the 'trolls' are the overly negative ones? If Jax deserved to be criticized, I won't say nothing; Even if the negative subject is harped on monotonously (like it usually is). It's all about being fair and reasoned, something you definitely could learn from.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:52:53 PM by I-10east »

MEGATRON

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 08:37:57 PM »
sorry for the interruption, megatron.  What kind of interest or background do you have in planning?  Genuinely curious here.
I'm excellent at Sim City and no need to apologize for I-10.
PEACE THROUGH TYRANNY

Kay

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 09:59:48 PM »
 ;)

spuwho

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 10:06:47 PM »
I am really glad Corner Bakery Cafe is coming. I really miss them.

I was a regular at the ones up north. The bigger ones have great breakfasts. This one looks scaled down a bit so probably nothing big there. They had great panini's back then but its been awhile. Will definitely pay a visit post open.

Perhaps in 15 or 20 years I will be able to take the Skyway there.

tufsu1

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 07:56:57 AM »
^ hopefully something more like 2-3 years

jaxresident1

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2014, 08:59:06 AM »
I am really glad Corner Bakery Cafe is coming. I really miss them.

I was a regular at the ones up north. The bigger ones have great breakfasts. This one looks scaled down a bit so probably nothing big there. They had great panini's back then but its been awhile. Will definitely pay a visit post open.

Perhaps in 15 or 20 years I will be able to take the Skyway there.

I have to assume everyone is aware that there are other forms of public transportation besides the Skyway?  The R5, WS6, WS12, and Riverside Trolley all go by there.  At least this post is a mix of positive and negative.  Spuwho is excited about getting a Corner Bakery even though it "looks scaled down" and Spuwho assumes they can't offer the bigger breakfast Spuwho is accustomed to.  I hope they pleasantly surprise you, Spuwho.