Author Topic: 10 Free Things To Do In Jacksonville  (Read 16589 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
10 Free Things To Do In Jacksonville
« on: January 20, 2014, 03:00:02 AM »
10 Free Things To Do In Jacksonville

If you live in Jacksonville, then you already know—there is always something to do here. But going out with friends or planning a day with the family doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact, you have more options than you think. Here is a list of ten fun activities and popular attractions in Duval County. Best of all? They are free of charge.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2014-jan-10-free-things-to-do-in-jacksonville

KenFSU

Re: 10 Free Things To Do In Jacksonville
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 08:59:38 AM »
Fun article, I really enjoyed it.

Would also throw in:

1) Cummer Museum & Gardens - Free every Tuesday from 4-9, and free on the first Saturday of each month.
2) Main Library. Great place to spend the day, and I believe they also have free children's shows and free movie screenings.

Bill Hoff

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 12:25:04 PM »
Karpeles Manuscript Museum is next to the Springfield Disc Golf Course, another free & popular amentity. Two for one. : )

I'd also add Jacksonville Arboretum, Riverside Arts Market, RAM Ride, & Community First Saturdays.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:27:12 PM by Bill Hoff »

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 12:43:50 PM »
Great work, Kristen!

I need to get out and visit the Arboretum. That's one of the few local places I still have not physically visited as of yet.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 07:22:56 PM »
Great article. Is there any place besides online that advertise these places? Cant tell you how many times I have driven by Sally Corp and had no idea what it was. We have some great places all over Jax that people do not know exist.

jaxlore

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 03:59:36 PM »
good article. I have heard about the goldenrod trail but never made the connection it was at UNF.

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 09:22:52 PM »
I would love to go out  in the boats.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 10:18:32 PM »
I knew UNF was in the middle of a swamp but I wasn't aware they had a nature trail system until now.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jaxjags

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 02:27:08 PM »
Technically not Jax, but the nature trials/bike path and beaches at Big and Little Talbot Islands is some on the nicest on the East Coast.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 02:30:22 PM »
Technically not Jax, but the nature trials/bike path and beaches at Big and Little Talbot Islands is some on the nicest on the East Coast.

Those are in Jax - and yes they are amazing.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

MusicMan

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 10:18:15 AM »
TONIGHT      FREE   CHAMBER   MUSIC CONCERT

WHERE:  RIVERSIDE PARK UNITED METHODIST CHURCH   on Park Street near Five Points!

WHO:  VEGA STRING QUARTET

WHY:  SUPPORT PRELUDE CHAMBER MUSIC CAMP

WHEN: 7:30 pm.

This is a FREE CONCERT at a gorgeous venue. World Class Chamber Music. FREE.  If you love world class performers you will love this. After concert enjoy drinks or dinner nearby in Five Points!