Author Topic: Downtown Revitalization: Miami  (Read 10067 times)

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
Re: Downtown Revitalization: Miami
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 06:49:38 PM »
Please get night shots ( I know I am greedy), :)

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2014, 10:35:10 PM »
South Beach and the hotels down there are overpriced, IMO. Nevertheless, we'll have a South Beach tour featured next week.

What's your thoughts on overpriced? 

I went down for the Orange Bowl and pretty much every 'average' hotels (Motel 6, Comfort Inn, Etc....) were $275/night and up.  The other mid-level-ish (Clarion, Embassy Suites) were in the $400/ night range. 

Some of us aren't smart enough to make reservations, lol, and we're the ones who end up staying at one of the beach 'resort' hotels in Deerfield Beach on a last minute Travelocity Surprise deal that ended up being a great part of a really fun trip.  ;D
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2014, 09:05:28 AM »
^I benefit from having a close family member who works for Marriott.  Typically, I can stay at nearly any Marriott chain for less than $50/night. It's made travel real affordable for me, which is probably why I travel so much. Granted my view is tainted (I can usually find something for $39 or $45/night in most cities), once I'm over $100/night WITH the discount, it's the world of overpricing to me. Two weeks ago, the cheapest thing I could find that wasn't 20 miles out was a Courtyard in DT for $129/night. The South Beach stuff was a little over $200.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2014, 02:10:53 PM »
Over priced like we said, I have friends down there now, so I stay with them. Great city to party and sight see.

Know Growth

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2014, 03:57:57 PM »

By the way,in my post above I primarily referenced Miami Beach.

Growing up in vibrant, center- of- the- universe Miami,Downtown per se was never a discussion point. It was there. Amidst sprawl era.

Just as Jacksonville,only 2.583 decades later.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:32:48 PM by Know Growth »