Author Topic: Is Springfield a viable retail market?  (Read 116563 times)

Cary

Re: Is Springfield a viable retail market?
« Reply #315 on: July 31, 2014, 12:58:51 PM »
Bill was the first person to welcome me to the neighborhood.  I only see positive words and actions from him.   It appears to me that you enjoy antagonizing him simply for your own entertainment. 

Is calling someone out the "Christian" thing to do, or would taking a leadership role yourself in the event YOU envisioned be more appropriate.

I do not speak for Bill, but I could not hold my contempt for your actions any longer.  My phone number is in my profile if you feel the need to justify yourself.

Bill Hoff

« Reply #316 on: July 31, 2014, 02:03:07 PM »
Hi Cary.

Thanks for the support, but anyone who's been here long enough knows all about his shtick.

Hopefully we'll see you at tomorrow's First Friday party - this one's always one of the best.

fsquid

« Reply #317 on: August 01, 2014, 12:37:25 AM »
who doesn't like camera time though?

JaxByDefault

• Global Moderator
« Reply #318 on: August 01, 2014, 01:00:59 AM »
Certainly not getting into this fight other than to say I rather liked the idea of a flea market/antique/vintage space at 3rd and Walnut. I wish they could hold a monthly/weekly event in the parking lot with other vendors and food trucks -- a boot sale and craft market. Cheap to get running and it would bring people to the neighborhood. Rent in Riverside is going up; all of the antique shops and flea markets will need to relocate somewhere. Bars, clubs, and vintage shops have have typically been the first new business to make it successfully in every renewal neighborhood in which I've ever lived.

Happy to see St. Augustine Paper in the neighborhood. I love that store. Miss the liveliness of the Pearl, but I'm glad the Yoga studio is going ahead with their plans for the space.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:03:09 AM by JaxByDefault »

tufsu1

« Reply #319 on: August 01, 2014, 11:01:25 AM »
I'd defer to those who have already done some planning on this subject. But, as always, I'd be happy to pitch in where I can.
so, no.  SPAR will not be co sponsoring an appreciation benefit for one of the merchants who donated and contributed to your organization.
Well, Lake, Im still in.  Jax Unicorn, perhaps we can talk to Carl or one of  the other spaces to see what we can do.
Its a good cause, so why not see it through.

I'm pretty sure SPAR is not just Bill Hoff...and I doubt that he can speak for the organization without some board discussion first.

Demosthenes

« Reply #320 on: August 01, 2014, 11:37:37 AM »
Lets be honest also, there is absolutely nothing Bill or anyone else can say that will change the tone of the rhetoric. SPAR is Dares boogie man, and will continue to be until it either disbands (even then, we would have to hear about it about once a year, when we are reminded about how evil they are and how right Stephen was) or until.... never mind, they will forever and always be Dares boogieman.

whyisjohngalt

• EPOCH
« Reply #321 on: December 28, 2015, 08:21:06 AM »
self congratulatory
(2bcontinued)

The Pearl closed.  So did some of the Pawn shops.  There's about 4 minority owned small businesses that weren't opened then between 3rd and 8th.  The 2008 economic downturn wasn't anything to scoff at.  The car wash is still open.  And with some thanks to SPR, the 3rd and Main complex built.  Oh, and SPR also helped promote the classic car drive in with grilling happening specifically in the lot mentioned.

whyisjohngalt

• EPOCH
« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2015, 09:38:29 PM »
yawn

whyisjohngalt

• EPOCH
« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2015, 10:48:10 PM »
self congratulatory
(2bcontinued)

The Pearl closed.  So did some of the Pawn shops.  .... The 2008 economic downturn wasn't anything to scoff at.  The car wash is still open. .

Yes.  those were my points. (including self congratulations) But you might try reading the 2008 article and thread. Its informative.

What about the reality of the positive effects of SPR initiatives?  Like the 3rd and Main development and the 3rd Sat classic car thing?  And Porchfest?  Frankly, some of the highlights of living here.