Author Topic: First Ever Florida Country Superfest coming to Jacksonville!  (Read 20709 times)

coredumped

• Huge Member
First Ever Florida Country Superfest coming to Jacksonville!
« on: October 10, 2013, 10:04:53 PM »
Via http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2013/10/10/florida-country-superfest-coming-to.html
The first ever Florida Country Superfest will be held in Jacksonville next year.

Officials announced Thursday the two-day music fest will be held in EverBank Field June 14 and June 15 next year and performing artists will be announced in November.

“This has the chance to be a huge event for the community and I applaud the city leaders for getting this deal done,” said Paul Astleford, president of Visit Jacksonville, in a news release. “We will utilize our resources to promote the festival and generate as much publicity as we can as far as we can, to get word out and bring country music fans to Jacksonville next summer.”

Festival Productions Inc.–New Orleans put s on the Bayou Country Superfest in Baton Rouge, La. It has an annual estimated economic impact of $30 million.

This summer, the Duval County Tourist Development Council approved $200,000 to help stage the event.

Should be pretty big, with 3 country stations in town there's no shortage of country fans. I'm glad to see a big concert like this coming to Jax.
Jags season ticket holder.

coredumped

• Huge Member
Re: First Ever Florida Country Superfest coming to Jacksonville!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 10:16:21 PM »
99.1 says the lineup will be announced Nov 14th: http://www.991wqik.com/pages/brad.html?article=11498598

FSBA

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 10:23:05 PM »
Don't most of the big country acts make a stop in Jacksonville when they're on tour already? I'm not digging on country fans, but just don't see this as a big deal compared to some of the bands The Big Ticket/Rockville have managed to bring through.
I support meaningless jingoistic cliches

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 07:51:44 AM »
Sometimes yes. But for example Kenny Chesney just came to Florida and skipped Jax. Either way though, having an event besides monster jam at everbank field is pretty exciting.

acme54321

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 08:09:29 AM »
Sometimes yes. But for example Kenny Chesney just came to Florida and skipped Jax. Either way though, having an event besides monster jam at everbank field is pretty exciting.

Actually he played in Jax first, at Freebird.  I think most people would rather see him in a venue like that than in a stadium.  Now obviously there are a lot less seats in Freebird than an arena ::)

Noone

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 08:22:05 AM »
 Turn It Up :)

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 08:57:59 PM »
Actually he played in Jax first, at Freebird.  I think most people would rather see him in a venue like that than in a stadium.  Now obviously there are a lot less seats in Freebird than an arena ::)

Correct, while a small venue is nice, it's really limited. I think it was also unannounced (meaning, not on his tour).

Anyway, I think I was thinking of Luke Bryan arguably bigger than Kenny right now.
He's got a tour coming up and his Fla cities are:
Tallahassee
Tampa (2 times)
and West Palm Beach

There was another thread about how Jax misses out on a lot of concerts (heck, we only got Jimmy Buffett a few years ago!). So having this big of a venue will be be good for the city and promoters, should the ticket sales do well.

mtraininjax

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 07:10:55 AM »
Playing inside Everbank will be great. Maybe the City can see some positive cash flow from something inside Everbank field, since the Jags seem to literally rape them on their deal. Still irks me that the city GAVE all the money from the Everbank naming to the Jags. Water under the bridge. Maybe we will have new video boards and hot-tubs in place, by then???

Shania Twain was the last big performer, at the time, who I remember playing at the stadium. She had an outdoor concert, it was fun, we sat in club seats to see her. Anyone who grew up in Jax remembers seeing Michael Jackson there in the old Gator Bowl too.

Many acts skip Jax because we don't have a good option for their size crowd, or perhaps because SMG is inept at managing our facilities. Either way, we see more graduations at the Arena than actual music shows. All the while St. Augustine Amphitheatre cleans our clocks in music shows, weekly, all because Don Redman and his St. Nicholas cronies need to keep their hearing aids working so they can block all the shows from Met Park. Times Union center is too small, 1800 or so max, and the Arena is too big at 12,000, nothing really in between, except St. Augustine. Thanks Councilman Redman!

Buffett has been coming to Jax for many, many years, just about every year the Arena has been open. It remains a great show, and he can pack them in, for sure.
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field

acme54321

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 07:14:01 AM »

Correct, while a small venue is nice, it's really limited. I think it was also unannounced (meaning, not on his tour).

Anyway, I think I was thinking of Luke Bryan arguably bigger than Kenny right now.
He's got a tour coming up and his Fla cities are:
Tallahassee
Tampa (2 times)
and West Palm Beach

There was another thread about how Jax misses out on a lot of concerts (heck, we only got Jimmy Buffett a few years ago!). So having this big of a venue will be be good for the city and promoters, should the ticket sales do well.

I saw Luke Bryan in the arena not long ago.

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 05:27:17 PM »
I saw Luke Bryan in the arena not long ago.

I'm talking about his current tour in which he's skipping jax:
http://www.lukebryan.com/tour.html

But back on topic - hoepfully once redman is gone we'll be able to use metro park or something else to compete with SA amphitheater.

KenFSU

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 01:32:46 PM »
Here's the lineup:

2014 Florida Country Superfest daily music lineup

The artists participating in the first ever Florida Country Superfest were announced Thursday morning at EverBank Field. Performing on Saturday, June 14 will be Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Little Big Town, Big & Rich + Cowboy Troy, and Colt Ford. Performing on Sunday, June 15 will be Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Florida Georgia Line, Easton Corbin, and Joe Nichols.

Any thoughts on the acts? With the qualifier that I know very little about country music, is this a strong enough lineup to fill Everbank for two days at $80 - $500 per ticket?

CityLife

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 01:56:48 PM »
I don't know all that much about country (other than an old pal of mine Jake Owen), but pretty sure those are some fairly well known and popular acts.

Personally not my cup of tea, but I think it will sell very well and draw a lot of people from out of town for the weekend.

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 02:03:47 PM »
Heard this being advertised on the radio while in Atlanta last week. Like country music or not at least it is getting Jacksonville and Everbank Field mentioned on the radio in the Atlanta market.

FSBA

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 02:09:33 PM »
Big & Rich perform the current song for College Gameday. That is about all I know.
I support meaningless jingoistic cliches

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 10:14:08 PM »
Just have to say...Wow!  Not really a country fan... But this is really a rock show with a twang.  Huge stage... Great effects... Enthusiastic crowd.
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."