Author Topic: First Ever Florida Country Superfest coming to Jacksonville!  (Read 19617 times)

NotNow

Re: First Ever Florida Country Superfest coming to Jacksonville!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 11:43:26 PM »
What is wrong with you heathens?  Country music is huge in this country.  Not to mention you can understand the words and allow your children to listen to the songs. 
Deo adjuvante non timendum

mtraininjax

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 09:36:18 AM »
Great show last night! Shout out to Misty Skipper, former, press person for Mayor Peyton's staff, for making some calls to have the World Cup put on the televisions as we waited 2 hours for the rain to pass. Great Saturday night show, looking forward to Sunday.

And to think, with the Soccer last weekend, Sharks, powerboats, Suns all last weekend, and this huge 2-day show, there are still people of Jacksonville who will whine and say there's nothing to do in in Jax. Ugh!
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field

IrvAdams

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 09:55:10 AM »
Great show last night! Shout out to Misty Skipper, former, press person for Mayor Peyton's staff, for making some calls to have the World Cup put on the televisions as we waited 2 hours for the rain to pass. Great Saturday night show, looking forward to Sunday.

And to think, with the Soccer last weekend, Sharks, powerboats, Suns all last weekend, and this huge 2-day show, there are still people of Jacksonville who will whine and say there's nothing to do in in Jax. Ugh!

And the press said there are people visiting from every State and Canada for this event. Country fans spend money; I read stories where parents bring their young adult kids with them, and they both have disposable income.

Good for the economy. This is going to be a nice yearly event for Jax.
“He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still”
- Lao Tzu

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 01:47:36 PM »
The marina was packed... With large expensive boats.  Not the "redneck yacht club"!
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

mtraininjax

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 08:29:30 AM »
Uber is the greatest thing ever! Will always be taking Uber over driving to the stadium.
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field

Dapperdan

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »
I thought June in Florida was a weird time to have an Outdoor festival. Were there any heat related issues? I feel this may have been better earlier in Spring.

edjax

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 09:59:07 AM »
Wonder if they were happy with the turnout?  Now did attendance compare to prior ones held in Baton Rouge? Photos in the paper that I saw for both days seemed to show sparse crowds, perhaps was just the timing or angles.

acme54321

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 10:18:51 AM »
I think the bigs crowds would have been there later on in the day.  I saw some pics that looked sparse but they appeared to be in the middle of the afternoon.  Not sure why they didnt plan this a little earlier in the year though for the weather.

pierre

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 10:24:07 AM »
Wonder if they were happy with the turnout?  Now did attendance compare to prior ones held in Baton Rouge? Photos in the paper that I saw for both days seemed to show sparse crowds, perhaps was just the timing or angles.

Sparse? 75k people attended.

http://www.news4jax.com/entertainment/florida-country-superfest-fans-try-to-keep-cool/26503384

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 10:24:23 AM »
I have not seen any "official numbers".  Saturday rain was an issue... The start was delayed a couple hours with one act canceled.  The stadium filled up after dark and as the acts got more popular.  Not sure if weather affected Sunday or not...

I noticed some of the photos of the stage were taken from a side angle that showed empty seats... those were the extreme side views and doubt there were even tickets for those areas.  The stage was set up at about the 30 yard line... with a walk out stage going probably to the 50.
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

tufsu1

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 10:24:30 AM »
This is part of a festival circuit.  There was a similar show in Louisiana a few weekends ago

KenFSU

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 10:26:13 AM »

Baton Rouge = 135,000 fans over 3 days.
Jacksonville = 75,000 over 2 days.

pierre

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 10:26:45 AM »
This is part of a festival circuit.  There was a similar show in Louisiana a few weekends ago

Yep.

It drew over 100K but was three days and featured the same acts that played here plus George Strait, Reba McEntire and a few other well known acts.

pierre

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 10:28:05 AM »
I have not seen any "official numbers".  Saturday rain was an issue... The start was delayed a couple hours with one act canceled.  The stadium filled up after dark and as the acts got more popular.  Not sure if weather affected Sunday or not...

I noticed some of the photos of the stage were taken from a side angle that showed empty seats... those were the extreme side views and doubt there were even tickets for those areas.  The stage was set up at about the 30 yard line... with a walk out stage going probably to the 50.

The field and lower bowl sections that were open for completely full both nights. There were some empty seats in the upper deck. But I cannot say for sure that they were being sold.

02roadking

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2014, 10:55:35 AM »
Two days, $23.2 million.

That’s the economic impact of country music in Jacksonville, according to a survey released Wednesday of attendees at the June 14-15 Florida Country Superfest at EverBank Field.

Ten interviewers and two supervisors from the University of North Florida Public Opinion Research Laboratory polled 412 people during the event.

From the:  http://jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=543324
Springfield since 1998