Author Topic: Al Gore Updates the Accelerating Climate Crisis, Makes Call to save the World.  (Read 18386 times)

Driven1

just move then.  who cares?

PS - Jax is not in south florida.

Driven1

frick!  looks like our new baseball stadium might have water in it.

jaxhater

Well I quess we better start dredging now or I'm going be surfing in Avondale.
No South Beach, no Key West, no Ponce Inlet, Maybe no New York city.
I'm not hanging out in Ohio.
We better do something, now!
Yikes!
Al Gore is a downer for telling us truth!
Thank God he didn't steal the election or we would have been fighting the war on weather.
Although I bet the weather kills more people that the (C.I.A., Neo-con,Terrorists) ever did.
If ony the weather could fly jets into a building, maybe then we would notice its about to kick our ass worse than the (C.I.A., Neo-con, Terrorists).
Btw. worse than water levels is famine, starving can get people really pissed.

tufsu1

We would be poorer, paying more taxes, would be less free, would be less safe and some of us would be dead.

Great argument River

From what I've seen, the current administration views less free and less safe as polar opposites...and there are over 4,000 Americas who have given their lives for a (at best) questionable cause!

CRAIG B

• The Red Green Show
Al Gore is an Idiot! 20 years ago it was Global Cooling and now it's Global Warming. This is the biggest hoax played on mankind. It is nothing more than a left wing tax grab.
Carbon Credits, please. Al Gore will have to buy some himself the way he leaves his big butt footprint around. The way he lives tells me he doesn't buy the crap he's putting out.
Most Scientists say that this is nothing but a cycle and that the tempreture has only risen by less than one degree.
 Ask Canadians how warm they were this winter and how much snow they got. In fact it was a record cold year and the most snowfall in almost 100 years. In fact the Arctic ice is now the thickest it's been in a century. Global warming my butt.
Oh and while we are at it. Get rid of this ethanol hoax too. I work in the industry and can tell you that you will get up to 20% less gas mileage on your vehicle and the alcohol in the gas will wear out your vehicles rings faster. It dries up rubber seals.
 Canadians have tried this and it was a disaster on older cars that couldn't handle it.
Now let me see. Less gas mileage means more consumption that means more polutants in the air. Now if the alcohol means less polutants it would logically seem that using more because of the fall in efficiency would negate the benefit in using it in the first place. IDIOTS! We are all IDIOTS! For buying this junk. Just because it's on the news people doesn't mean it's true. Why won't the people on the global warming side not debate the people that say it's nothing to be alarmed about.
 Hopefully the guy thats taking Al Bore to court and sueing him will get the process started. Lets debate this before we get taxed to death for something that doesn't exist.
Now I'm sure there will be a million posts to follow this one.
:-*
WOULD THE OCEAN BE HIGHER IF THERE WERE NO SPONGES?

CRAIG B

• The Red Green Show
awesome this is one hot topic. I hope that the 23 factual lies in Al Bore's an inconvenient truth will get put on here too.
WOULD THE OCEAN BE HIGHER IF THERE WERE NO SPONGES?

vicupstate

Actually, if any of you Gore basher had actually see his film, you would know that he makes the claim that while Global Warming warms the planet overall, the domino effects actually results in CERTAIN areas getting colder.   

Have the Global Warming doubters produced any documentaries on their contrary evidence?   If not, they should at least view the Gore film before dismissing it.   
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

Beloki

I think it is not wise to call either the pros stupid or the cons stupid. We do know that temperatures are rising at that it is likely that human activity is part of the responsibility. We also know that in the past (middle ages) there have been similar rises in temperatures. The middle ages are however in no way comparable to present times... the world population is 6 times bigger and we cannot all just pack our bags and settle somewhere else when waterlevels will rise.

Remember it took 35 years for almost everybody to be convinced that smoking is bad for you (still some people are convinced it is not)... this will probably take longer because it far more complex.

Beloki

Pro Gore: An Inconvenient Truth
Contra Gore :The Great Global Warming Swindle

Try to see them one after the other.

And off course what we have already noticed from the debate here: The Global Warming Controversy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_controversy

Midway ®

Remember it took 35 years for almost everybody to be convinced that smoking is bad for you (still some people are convinced it is not)...

Can you offer some proof on that? I'm sure that you will be able to find an opposing view on that here. It was really just a bunch of egghead educator types interfering with the free enterprise system....Damn eggheads.

Educators and education types are sooo worthless.  You know, those that can do and those that can't, teach.

BTW, let me tell you all about my multiple degrees.

Midway ®

To Mini Trump's apartment complex in J'ville.

jaxhater

I believe I understand the rightwings argument now,
Risings water levels- we grow gills like in waterworld or have floaties like babies.
Famines- invest in guns and eat human flesh.
Plants,forests dying- We just eat human flesh and build buildings out human bones.
Weather turning cold because of shifting water currents - we eat human flesh, have our toes and fingers fall off because of frostbite.
Cities under water- Eat human flesh and grow gills
I think these guys have it all worked out.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:47:10 PM by jaxhater »

Driven1

To Mini Trump's apartment complex in J'ville.

i think his place would be all filled up  :)   why not camp out?  and eat human flesh.

RiversideGator

Sorry.  No vacancies fellas.   ;)

RiversideGator

Remember it took 35 years for almost everybody to be convinced that smoking is bad for you (still some people are convinced it is not)...

Can you offer some proof on that? I'm sure that you will be able to find an opposing view on that here. It was really just a bunch of egghead educator types interfering with the free enterprise system....Damn eggheads.

Educators and education types are sooo worthless.  You know, those that can do and those that can't, teach.

BTW, let me tell you all about my multiple degrees.

Actually, there is verifiable proof that smoking causes cancer and other maladies.  The same cannot be said for global warming.  If it was so easy to prove, there would be no serious dissent.  And, its main proponent, Al Gore, would not be living as he does and fleecing the public for tens of millions of dollars.  This is obviously not the case.

Think about how Al Gore has ridden this fraud to fame and riches for a moment.  Wow.  I guess PT Barnum was right.  You can fool some of the people all of the time.

Oh and midway, there are many credible academics on both sides of the issue.