Author Topic: Al Gore Updates the Accelerating Climate Crisis, Makes Call to save the World.  (Read 18370 times)

Beloki

Sometimes you might vote for the opposite of what you wish for, 2 examples:

1. Bush is greener than Clinton: US carbon emmisions grew more (absolut numbers and percentage) under 8 years of Clinton than under Bush.
2. Democrats are better for US economy: More manufacturing have left the US to other countries under Bush than under Clinton.

Driven1

2. Democrats are better for US economy: More manufacturing have left the US to other countries under Bush than under Clinton.

ya think that MIGHT have a little something to do with the massively rapid industrializing (yet still extremely cheap labor force) of india & china over the last 8 years?  just maybe a small, itsy-bitsy,teeny-tiny bit?

Driven1

You mean they were expensive in the 90s??  ???

it's called middle class mobilization.  on a grand scale.

RiversideGator

1. Bush is greener than Clinton: US carbon emmisions grew more (absolut numbers and percentage) under 8 years of Clinton than under Bush.

1.  Bush's personal residence in Texas is much greener than Gore's in Tennessee giving the lie to Gore's pronouncements on GW;
2.  US manufacturing output is higher than ever, if I recall correctly.  It is only the number of manufacturing jobs which has declined, a phenomenon that occurs usually due to increases in productivity and mechanization of factories.  BTW, the number of manufacturing jobs in China has been reduced for similar reasons.

Beloki

Which was created first? the chicken or the egg?

Driven1

1.  Bush's personal residence in Texas is much greener than Gore's in Tennessee giving the lie to Gore's pronouncements on GW;
2.  US manufacturing output is higher than ever, if I recall correctly.  It is only the number of manufacturing jobs which has declined, a phenomenon that occurs usually due to increases in productivity and mechanization of factories.  BTW, the number of manufacturing jobs in China has been reduced for similar reasons.

btw...manufacturing slowing down is one of the 3 big leading indicators of a recession...it goes down first and will pick up first...just in time for the new, next president if my prediction comes true.  just all part of the glorious, yet hated by some, capitalist cycle.

Driven1

Which was created first? the chicken or the egg?

Genesis.  "And God created the chicken."

Driven1

come on now stephen...u know as a born-again, true-believing Baptist, that we are under the new covenant.  and RG - THAT is what you chose to share with us!!!  

btw...why are we using the KJV???   :D

how about this one?

1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a]have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we[c] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
 6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%205;&version=31;

Beloki

Genesis.  "And God created the chicken."

OK, you win!!  ;D

Just for the good order. I am not allowed to vote here since I am not a citizen. I am neither a democrat nor a republican. I just find the whole debate very interesting.

RiversideGator

This is alot like my favorite scene from Blazing Saddles.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R6dm9rN6oTs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/R6dm9rN6oTs</a>

Lots of hot air getting blown around, but it all stinks.

And still no substantive response to the post.

Nice.

How about linking us to that portion of the Gore diatribe which attempts to prove how global warming on Mars is not connected to SUVs on Earth?

RiversideGator

Lev. 25:23-24. The land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants. Throughout the country that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land.

Ezekiel 34:2-4. Woe to the shepherds of Israel who only take care of themselves! Should not the shepherds take care of the flock? You eat the curds, clothe yourselves with the wool and slaughter the choice animals, but you did not take care of the flock! You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally.

Ezekiel 34:10. 0 shepherds, hear the word of the Lord. This is what the sovereign Lord says: I am against the shepherds and will hold them accountable for my flock.

Ezekiel 34:17-18. As for you, my flock... Is it not enough for you to feed on good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet?

Jer. 2:7. I brought you into a fertile land to eat its fruit and rich produce. But you came and defiled my land and you made my inheritance detestable.

Luke 16:2,10,13. And He called him and said to him, "What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward. He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous in much. You cannot serve both God and mammon.

James 5:5. You have lived luxuriously on the earth and led a life of wanton pleasure; you have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.

Mark 4:19. ...and the worries of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word and it becomes unfruitful.

Revelation 11:18. The nations were angry and your wrath has come. The time has come for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great - and for destroying those who destroy the earth.

These are also the scriptures River.  They have to do directly with man protecting the world God created for us all.

Now, Im not sure how your homophobia plays into either Al Gore, the Climate Crisis, his demolition of your ONLY reasonable argument for hijacking every global warming thread on this and many other sites, or your professed belief in Christianity, but I thought maybe these Scriptures had escaped your fairly self serving memory.

Who says I am for defiling the Earth?  I am simply not for being fleeced by ALGORE.

And what does homophobia have to do with this? 

RiversideGator

Sorry you feel that way.  But, this passage certainly describes the GW philosophy in part:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
http://kingjbible.com/romans/1.htm

Driven1

i vote for #2!!!

ps - can i be a homophobe too!!??!!?!?   and a bigot!!??!?