Author Topic: Al Gore Updates the Accelerating Climate Crisis, Makes Call to save the World.  (Read 18234 times)

second_pancake

The disregard for safety is insane.   Again it comes down to design issues.  In Springfield we had an all out brawl over the subject of installing bike lanes down 8th Street.  The Commercial developers were against it, crazily.

Really?  That's surprising since the state law indicates any new roads built "must" contain a bike lane.  A cycling group in Boca recently won a suit against the FDOT because they violated their own law by building roads without the bike lane.  They won.

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/newsDetail/1120.html
"What objectivity and the study of philosophy requires is not an 'open mind,' but an active mind - a mind able and eagerly willing to examine ideas, but to examine them criticially."

second_pancake

and then i hear the complaint - WHY DON'T YOU BIKE SOME OTHER TIME THAN RUSH HOUR.  You tell me - in december, when it gets dark by 5:15...when am i suppose to bike?  i work, ya know.  i can bike before work, but then you will see me during your precious rush hour morning commute (which also means i have to start early, before dawn - a time when your dumb a$$ is even less likely to see me as you talk on your cell phone and put on lipstick at the same time as driving) or around 4:30 if i leave work early - at which time you will see me during your precious evening gas-guzzling 40 minute commute home.

One word for those people:  DUMBASS.  What about those people who use their bike as a means of transportation?  Meaning, of course I'm riding during rush hour.  How the %#$^ else am I going to get to work???  Nothing gives me greater pleasure than riding past all of their uppity, entitled asses while pushing 22 mph and they're at a dead freakin stop. :P
"What objectivity and the study of philosophy requires is not an 'open mind,' but an active mind - a mind able and eagerly willing to examine ideas, but to examine them criticially."

second_pancake

Sounds great, but I like this one better....

http://www.bicyclecity.com/  ;D

Beloki

This city has a real possibility of being a good bicycle city: terrain is flat enough and the weather is excellent. All we need is the right infrastructure. Then again, I'm from Holland where there really are more bicycles than people

CRAIG B

• The Red Green Show
And on a Lighter note!
WOULD THE OCEAN BE HIGHER IF THERE WERE NO SPONGES?

Midway ®

RiversideGator

Craig.

Do you know why Australia joined the Kyoto Protocols after a decade of their prime minister scoffing at global warming?

Because they elected a new leftist Prime Minister. 

I know you will mention their drought but there is no way to prove that this is attributable to GW.

RiversideGator

RiversideGator

Not much to be concerned with here:

Fig. 3. Global average temperature reconstruction based upon 18 temperature proxies for the period 1 A.D. to 1995, combined with the thermometer-based dataset from the UK Met Office and University of East Anglia, covering the period 1850 to 2007. Note that for both datasets each data point represents a 30-year average.
http://www.weatherquestions.com/Roy-Spencer-on-global-warming.htm#satellite-temps