Author Topic: Jacksonville's High Frequency Crash Sites  (Read 11314 times)

Tacachale

• Administrator
Re: Jacksonville's High Frequency Crash Sites
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »
^Supposedly it has increased substantially at Beach and Kernan, largely due to the new crossing and multi-use path.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 01:21:22 PM »
I could see that, going north/south, but I wonder about it going east/west on both Atlantic and Beach.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

tufsu1

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013, 01:41:48 PM »
Saw this on a Making Moves TV show...

Atlantic/Kernan was #1 on the report for 5-6 years in a row. Then the JTA put in the overpass, now its down to #8 with half the crashes it had per year previous. Same story at Beach/Kernan. Was #2 and now is #15.

So as unsightly as an overpass can be, it seems as if there is some safety value to them.

sure...half of the movements were removed from the intersection....could get the same result by banning left and right turns...doesn't mean we should do it.

Traveller

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 02:00:45 PM »
I could see that, going north/south, but I wonder about it going east/west on both Atlantic and Beach.

Crossing Kernan on foot at Beach is actually pretty easy with all the islands.  The Kernan overpass is six lanes wide, but at surface level, pedestrians cross only one or two lanes at a time.