Author Topic: Before & After: San Marco Square's Balis Park  (Read 16856 times)

tufsu1

Re: Before & After: San Marco Square's Balis Park
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2013, 10:37:46 PM »
^ either that or they aren't pretty enough...in fact, I'm sure one vocal resident will tell you that signs aren't historic

This is literally true.

oh I know...the same is said about striping...can't have bike lanes or even double yellow lines because they aren't histotic

tufsu1

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2013, 10:41:18 PM »
It costs between $250-300 to have one of those signs installed.

That's it.  In Avondale, to install one at each of the 4 crosswalks would cost about $1200.  $1200 to clearly let drivers

sorry, no money left....was all spent on those useful, but riculously expensive, bike racks recently installed in the R-A area

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2013, 10:46:50 PM »
^ either that or they aren't pretty enough...in fact, I'm sure one vocal resident will tell you that signs aren't historic

This is literally true.

oh I know...the same is said about striping...can't have bike lanes or even double yellow lines because they aren't histotic

Neither is asphalt or the vehicles traveling on it. I wonder if half of Jax is ready to really get historic and go back to dirt roads?
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

tufsu1

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2013, 10:50:19 PM »
^ Texas is doing just that...apparently they aren't bringing in enough dollars to maintain the paved roads leading in and out of many oil refineries...so they're going back to dirt and gravel...kind of comical
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:52:02 PM by tufsu1 »

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »
The improvements look great. Just out of curiosity who is responsible for maintaining the all the landscaping and the uplighting I saw?

dougskiles

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2013, 05:18:31 AM »
SMPS is maintaining the landscaping in the new park.  The landscaping (and uplighting) starting at Naldo and going north on San Marco Blvd will be maintained by the city (hopefully).

ga. resident

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2013, 10:29:29 AM »
i REMEMBER PLAYING HERE AS A CHILD.  WHAT A MARVELOUS PLACE!