Author Topic: Fantasy football  (Read 77077 times)

JaxJersey-licious

Re: Fantasy football
« Reply #480 on: September 25, 2018, 12:38:01 PM »
A wise person once told me that it was foolish to sit on a pair of valuable assets: See what you can get from one of them, try to put it to good use as leverage or an even greater return as an investment.

With that in mind, I'm officially announcing that this week I'm entertaining trade offers for one of my two QBs - Kurt Cousins or Patrick Mahomes.

Clock is ticking and Mahomes plays Thursday.

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #481 on: September 25, 2018, 01:29:52 PM »

I'm entertaining trade offers for one of my two QBs - Kurt Cousins or Patrick Mahomes.

The name is Kirk....what, you don't like that?!?!

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #482 on: September 25, 2018, 01:52:22 PM »

I'm entertaining trade offers for one of my two QBs - Kurt Cousins or Patrick Mahomes.

The name is Kirk....what, you don't like that?!?!

It must be his accent....
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #483 on: November 28, 2018, 09:43:50 AM »
So, the regular season is almost over and shockingly, I have had a decent year despite the fact that I could have had a squirrel draft for me and had a better roster. I won't have Mr Mensa against the Colts but it looks like I can back into the playoffs if necessary.

On a more serious note, I have concerns about NRW. With his record, I would have expected some trash talking this year but it has been crickets. Perhaps looking at his Bortles night light and his Bortles feet pajamas just makes even fantasy football too painful to think about. I am not sure.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #484 on: November 29, 2018, 10:15:04 PM »
So, the regular season is almost over and shockingly, I have had a decent year despite the fact that I could have had a squirrel draft for me and had a better roster. I won't have Mr Mensa against the Colts but it looks like I can back into the playoffs if necessary.

On a more serious note, I have concerns about NRW. With his record, I would have expected some trash talking this year but it has been crickets. Perhaps looking at his Bortles night light and his Bortles feet pajamas just makes even fantasy football too painful to think about. I am not sure.

Thanks for not mentioning my Blake Bortles full-size body pillow.  That would have just been weird.

TBH, there's not much satisfaction from destroying you guys this year on my way to a 10-2 record and a practical lock for winning the Shiva.  I mean....  I'm happy I'm winning, but since the team was autodrafted, there's no true joy in it.  Losing to PostSt just makes it worse.

I wonder if this is how Gruden felt winning SB37 with the team that Dungy built?  I'll guess I'll have a better idea in a few more weeks.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #485 on: November 30, 2018, 08:56:10 AM »

Thanks for not mentioning my Blake Bortles full-size body pillow.  That would have just been weird.

Look, it's perfectly natural to cling obsessively to someone whom we all know will eventually break our hearts because that's what he does...

However, when you cross that unspoken line and go total F-S.B.P. for that guy shame, shame, SHAAAAAMMMMMME!!!!!!  >:(

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #486 on: December 10, 2018, 08:37:25 AM »

There is something about this screenshot that seems the same....and yet.........different.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #487 on: December 10, 2018, 08:59:16 AM »
I had a horrific season!

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #488 on: December 11, 2018, 03:22:20 PM »
The Treydery is waiting to defeat a real champion.
 First, you  make us...how do you say it...."Jump through hoop" with this extra game while others do nothing. These "byes" you call them...only for privileged. Land of equality....don't make us laugh.

Then you insult us by giving us opponent weak like Ukraine. These "Playmakers"....don't you need to make plays to be called "Playmakers"? Hah....I make joke.

Now you make joke by giving us the "Best in the West". This is your best? Too lazy to draft his own team. Lets machine do work. Typical American. Lazy in Russia? Die slow, painful death. Lazy in America? Get job working for government...live off fat pension.

Yes, Bring me "your best".

You will lose.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #489 on: December 11, 2018, 04:13:40 PM »
The Treydery is waiting to defeat a real champion.
 First, you  make us...how do you say it...."Jump through hoop" with this extra game while others do nothing. These "byes" you call them...only for privileged. Land of equality....don't make us laugh.

Then you insult us by giving us opponent weak like Ukraine. These "Playmakers"....don't you need to make plays to be called "Playmakers"? Hah....I make joke.

Now you make joke by giving us the "Best in the West". This is your best? Too lazy to draft his own team. Lets machine do work. Typical American. Lazy in Russia? Die slow, painful death. Lazy in America? Get job working for government...live off fat pension.

Yes, Bring me "your best".

You will lose.

Wait...

What...

Is it next week already?  [yawns deeply]
-Douglas Adams

riverside_mail

« Reply #490 on: December 11, 2018, 06:16:07 PM »
Lazy in America? Get job working for government...live off fat pension.

Did someone call me?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #491 on: December 11, 2018, 06:59:42 PM »
What a sucky season for Team Ebony Stud. The coaching staff has already been let go. GM Mercury Morris is now in charge to build for 2019.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #492 on: December 16, 2018, 04:57:08 PM »
The transcript for the half-time concession as Best in the West withdrew from the playoffs:

Solid job through the regular season guys, that was an otherworldly performance.

I'd really like to commend each and every one of you for the way you laid down for the playoffs.  Superb job of of just barely showing up, is Odell even back from his bye week cruise?  and shitting the bed all over yourselves.

Dak, that was the average, subpar performance that has kept you off of a roster for the majority of the season.  Really glad you reverted back to you normal self when the season was on the line.  Bravo.

Those of you on the Green Bay roster not named Devonte - Fucking Outstanding!  I really can't add anything to your performance, the numbers speak for themselves.

The rest of you who contributed to the epic failure don't really need any recognition.  You're all second hand players on your current team, and I really don't want to expend the word count trying to explain who you even are.

On to next year.

We'd like to congratulate The Tradery on securing a second round bye in the playoffs and wish them well next week.

If there's any solace I can take from this season, it is this:  Post Street was a worse abomination that my team this year, so I can always hang my hat on being better than them.

Peace FKAMJ.  The Jaxson Cup will be mine next year.
-Douglas Adams

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #493 on: Yesterday at 08:19:38 AM »
The Treydery is STILL waiting to defeat true champion. Your "best" surrendered so fast, I thought France was playing. No surprise. We make facebook post and you cry about stolen election.

Now, the Suburban Dwellers is all that is left. Ah, Americans and their suburbs.Always fleeing now...always afraid. You think your cardboard gate and 10 dollar an hour security guard will protect you? You see stranger you lock doors and hide under bed. Pray a neighbor ordered a pizza.

Suburb in Russia is banishment to Siberia. Suburb in America is American dream. In debt to eyeballs and garage sales to get rid of old crap just so you can buy new crap. Your dream is nightmare.

Can you Cul-De-Sac Up and take the title? I say nyet.

You will lose.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:41:40 AM by sanmarcomatt »