Author Topic: 2012 Census Estimates show Austin leaping over Jax & Indy  (Read 1737 times)

vicupstate

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 09:50:03 PM by vicupstate »
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

simms3

• Time has come
Re: 2012 Census Estimates show Austin leaping over Jax & Indy
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:39:31 PM »
Apparently SF has even added 50% more people than Jacksonville since the 2010 Census, and considering it's basically the first time the city has allowed significant new construction in decades I believe it.

Actually, when you look at all the major cities in the top 30 or 40, Indy and Jax adding 14,000 apiece are ahead of only Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, Louisville, Milwaukee, and a few other obvious suspects.  Cities half of Jax's population apparently still added more people.  Yikes.  Considering that the weather and cost of living in Jax are the same as in SJC and there is still abundant land (basically more land to grow than any other city on that list), this is potentially an eye opening problem.
Bothering locals and trolling boards since 2005

IronDonut

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 10:37:09 PM »
Good. I hope all of the people relocating from Ohio and Michigan decide to move to Austin rather than JAX. In fact we should figure out how to create an incentive program - or some sort of marketing campaign - to encourage the most annoying JAX residents to pack up also head to Austin.

- Don't know how to merge into traffic? Here is a plane ticket to Austin.

- 300lbs and you're wearing a string bikini at the beach without a base tan? Boom ticket to San Fran.

- 41 MPH in the left lane on I-295 on Tuesday afternoon? One way to Indy.

- Stick figure family on the back window of your minivan? I hear Houston for you.

- Unmuffled Harley revving as a plea for attention - look at me I have a bike! - run over with a concrete mixer.

- Pittsburgh Steelers fans with their stupid towels? One way bus (with broken shitter) to Cleveland stupid towel confiscated and burned.

- The heretics that order Bud Lights at Kickbacks. Beaten to death with a pillowcase full of high gravity Belgians with the wired on cork tops.

- The rudderless spicoliesque 34 year old surfer assholes with a lot of weed, no motivation, a receding hairline sleeping on a futon - Nebraska.

- Redneck tards' driving jacked up F-250s with huge mud tires who live in an apartment off of Baymeadows and have never driven off road - anywhere in Texas.

- 20-something hipster douches riding around Riverside in skinny leg jeans on fixie bikes (with no brakes) with a giant turn of the century stache blowing in the feeble breeze - Williamsburg Brooklyn.

- All of the people that puffed up One Spark to be the greatest thing to happen to venture capital since the invention of money only to have it produce nothing but noise - Gillian's Island (with no mirrors for the narcissists to gaze into)

I don't want a bigger Jacksonville. I want a better Jacksonville. I believe a better Jacksonville starts with getting rid of the 100,000 most annoying residents in the most humane way possible.  Then redirecting our marketing efforts toward recruiting productive citizens that know how to merge into traffic while growing slowly and responsibly.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »
This dog won't hunt boys and girls.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »
Good. I hope all of the people relocating from Ohio and Michigan decide to move to Austin rather than JAX. In fact we should figure out how to create an incentive program - or some sort of marketing campaign - to encourage the most annoying JAX residents to pack up also head to Austin.

- Don't know how to merge into traffic? Here is a plane ticket to Austin.

- 300lbs and you're wearing a string bikini at the beach without a base tan? Boom ticket to San Fran.

- 41 MPH in the left lane on I-295 on Tuesday afternoon? One way to Indy.

- Stick figure family on the back window of your minivan? I hear Houston for you.

- Unmuffled Harley revving as a plea for attention - look at me I have a bike! - run over with a concrete mixer.

- Pittsburgh Steelers fans with their stupid towels? One way bus (with broken shitter) to Cleveland stupid towel confiscated and burned.

- The heretics that order Bud Lights at Kickbacks. Beaten to death with a pillowcase full of high gravity Belgians with the wired on cork tops.

- The rudderless spicoliesque 34 year old surfer assholes with a lot of weed, no motivation, a receding hairline sleeping on a futon - Nebraska.

- Redneck tards' driving jacked up F-250s with huge mud tires who live in an apartment off of Baymeadows and have never driven off road - anywhere in Texas.

- 20-something hipster douches riding around Riverside in skinny leg jeans on fixie bikes (with no brakes) with a giant turn of the century stache blowing in the feeble breeze - Williamsburg Brooklyn.

- All of the people that puffed up One Spark to be the greatest thing to happen to venture capital since the invention of money only to have it produce nothing but noise - Gillian's Island (with no mirrors for the narcissists to gaze into)

I don't want a bigger Jacksonville. I want a better Jacksonville. I believe a better Jacksonville starts with getting rid of the 100,000 most annoying residents in the most humane way possible.  Then redirecting our marketing efforts toward recruiting productive citizens that know how to merge into traffic while growing slowly and responsibly.

I'd say all the superior tools who want to eject everyone who isn't just like them should be given a one-way ticket to Anaheim, but in reality there's a place for everyone in Jax.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?