Author Topic: BOMBS IN BOSTON  (Read 24986 times)

buckethead

Re: BOMBS IN BOSTON
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2013, 11:28:28 AM »
I wouldn't be overly concerned about the suspension of Miranda rights, carpntr. After all, this guy was a turrist.

To quote Martin Luther: "You're with us, or you're with the turrists."

I'd say we owe our Heroes a debt of gratitude. There they were, clad in stuffy combat gear, going door to door conducting illegal searches. (A thankless job) lining people up and shipping them out. PROTECTING. SERVING.

I think this will serve as useful training for the general populace as turrist attacks become more ubiquitous. The citizenry needs to understand how to properly submit to authority, and that such minor inconveniences are necessary to prevent future turrists from eluding pre trial execution.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2013, 11:47:03 AM »
There they were, clad in stuffy combat gear, going door to door conducting illegal searches.

Wonder if anyone asked to see a search warrant?  If so what happened... "No sir... we dont.  Sorry to bother you... good day sir"
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2013, 12:22:17 PM »
Progressives in Jax are pushing for transit even though it's super cheap, easy and convenient to get around by car and transit is not needed.  In Boston, let me tell you, transit is NEEDED.

I would argue, "When do we build?" Shall Jacksonville wait until the density is such that we'd face crippling debit to get the initial lines up and running? Our population is booming, yes there have been up and down ticks but in a single lifetime I've seen the city rise from the neighborhood of 200,000 to 1.4 million... Simply do the math, what does the next 40-50 years hold? The clock is ticking throughout

Look at the Los Angles experience, (LA by the way, is a city we were often compared to in the 1915-1925 era). LA had 600 miles of streetcar lines, 1,200 miles of interurban lines (much of it on private right-of-way) as well as a few miles of subway. They junked the entire network down to the last spike and rail, to make a space for 'autotopia,' the deed was done by 1960. By 1975 the metroplex was so abysmal that 12 noon looked like 7 pm, smoke burned your eyes in 'Beautiful downtown Burbank," and gridlock was commonplace. It took an earthquake that destroyed freeway infrastructure and the loan of some of Toronto's commuter trains to wake them up. Florida's metropolitan areas are booming and waiting for some magic density number could ruin us.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:38:24 PM by Ocklawaha »

buckethead

« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2013, 12:06:46 PM »
All of this was caused by two men, one who died Thursday night and one, a 19-year-old with at least one bullet wound, who spent a day running around bleeding everywhere and hiding in boats. They shut down a city, flummoxed the media, and got the cops to show off every crazy paramilitary gadget in the catalog.

I like this offering but I take exception to this broad mischaracterization of guilt before the fact. Done so not just by the media, but even by the President.

There was a time when the term "alleged" would have been incorporated into these types of statements. The distinction might seem small, but it is vital if we are truly to define ourselves as a free and just society.

TheCat

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2013, 12:28:07 PM »
This is the winner of the Boston Marathon. He is giving his medal to the family that lost their 8 year old boy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/k1s_nD5Xlpo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/k1s_nD5Xlpo</a>
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:30:24 PM by stephendare »