Author Topic: BOMBS IN BOSTON  (Read 25016 times)

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
BOMBS IN BOSTON
« on: April 15, 2013, 03:14:13 PM »
Unreal, news is cutting into every TV and Radio show. Appears 2 bombs went off in a building at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. More as we get it, 911 Deja Vu.

OCK

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
Re: BOMBS IN BOSTON
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 03:21:14 PM »
Boston Marathon Finish Line
Two explosions have gone off at the Boston marathon finish line. Here's what we know so far. This is a breaking story.

Boston police scanner chatter has SWAT teams being told to "go back and get their rifles."

Listen to the Boston Police, Fire and EMS Scanner HERE.

1. Two blasts were heard near the Boston Marathon finish line around 3 p.m.

2. There are multiple injuries, including a "serious" leg injury. Bloomberg reports 12 people injured.

3. Photos show smoke, chaos and blood.

4. The Marathon is locked down.

5. There may still be another bomb.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:32:19 PM »
wow. craziness.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 03:38:37 PM »
Apr 15, 2013, 3:06pm EDT
Bomb explosions reported at Boston Marathon finish line

Boston Business Journal

Two bombs have exploded at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, according to eyewitness reports on Twitter and from news media at the scene.

BBJ Publisher Chris McIntosh was near the finish line as a spectator when the explosions occurred. He said one explosion hit near the finish line, another by the Lenox Hotel, nearby. Several people were injured in the blasts, he said.

The Boston Herald reported "two huge explosions" just before 3 p.m. at the Boston Marathon finish line at Copley Square.
"I saw two explosions. The first one was beyond the finish line. I heard a loud bang and saw smoke rising," Herald reporter Chris Cassidy, who was running in the marathon, said, according to the Herald. The Herald's site was down, following the news breaking.

One eyewitness tweeted an apparent photo of the aftermath. The Boston Globe cited a staffer at the scene, saying at least dozens have been seriously injured.

The Fairmont Copley Plaza hotel is reportedly under lockdown.

More on this as it develops.

...And now more great news???? We just got a call that my wife's life-long best friend 'isa' is/was running the race and last word anyone got was that 'She is nearing the finish line." THE SEARCH IS ON FOR ISA HERNANDEZ.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
This of course is NOT A JOKE but I can imagine the avenue this might take in Washington.

Next week the US SENATE will be considering a "bomb control bill..." Anyone that owns a bomb will be required to register the device. In the future bombers will be required to have no more then 10 ball bearings per bomb load.

LONG LIVE BOSTON!

sandyshoes

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 04:01:55 PM »
Probably some other homegrown sicko like the theater shooter and the school shooter, trying to get his agenda across.  Offering prayers for the participants, families, friends. 

JagFan07

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 04:08:27 PM »
100 years since the Income Tax bill was passed, Boston home of the Tea Party, Tax day. Hoping my gut feeling is wrong and that this isn't some crazed nut or group trying to make a point.
The few, the proud the native Jacksonvillians.

Cheshire Cat

• Diane Melendez is Cheshire Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 04:10:31 PM »
Insanity in Boston.  More bombs found and will be detonated.  At least 12 casualties so far.
Alexander Abad-Santos 85,251 Views 3:01 PM ET

Multiple outlets and law enforcement officials are reporting what a horrific looking scene makes clear, even as a frenzy searching for more potential explosive devices and survivors continues: The headquarters at the Boston Marathon have been locked down after at least two bombs went off near the downtown finish line mid-Monday afternoon. Law enforcement officials told the New York Post that the explosions may have left at least 12 casualties, while there were gruesome images of lost limbs, hair on fire, and worse. Boston police and marathon officials have confirmed that there were at least two explosions  — and doctors were told to expect casualties — but no one was saying who or what might be responsible. A Boston Globe photographer reported that he heard but did not see the third explosion, and Boston police were scrambling to contain the scene. "There were two booms heard from near the finish line inside the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel," reports the AP. And there are reports that another device has been found and will be detonated
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/boston-marathon-explosions-live/64246/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:13:28 PM by Cheshire Cat »
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 04:15:21 PM »
100 years since the Income Tax bill was passed, Boston home of the Tea Party, Tax day. Hoping my gut feeling is wrong and that this isn't some crazed nut or group trying to make a point.
It's always a crazed nut trying to make a point.  So horrible.
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 04:16:44 PM »
Current reports state 2 known dead and at least 23 injuries.  No report of how serious the injuries are as of yet.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:27:12 PM by Cheshire Cat »
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

RiversideLoki

• What do you mean we can't turn left here?
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 04:17:41 PM »
This of course is NOT A JOKE but I can imagine the avenue this might take in Washington.

Next week the US SENATE will be considering a "bomb control bill..." Anyone that owns a bomb will be required to register the device. In the future bombers will be required to have no more then 10 ball bearings per bomb load.

LONG LIVE BOSTON!

No, no, Ock.... It's going to be called "Bomb violence reduction legislation"....

I'm seriously with Jagfan07 on this one, I sincerely hope it isn't some fringe 3%er group or the like behind this. My thoughts go out to everyone in Boston right now.
Find Jacksonville on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/jacksonville!

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 04:26:27 PM »
Diane I think that there are only two dead.  The others are wounded.  Thats why they are listed as casualties.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/15/boston-marathon-explosion_n_3086665.html

BOSTON — Two explosions shattered the finish of the Boston Marathon on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry away the injured while stragglers in the 26.2-mile race were rerouted away from the smoking site.

Competitors and race volunteers were crying as they fled the chaos. Bloody spectators were being carried to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

Neither race officials nor public officials could immediately estimate the number or degree of injuries.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Smoke rose from the blasts, fluttering through the national flags lining the route of the world's oldest and most prestigious marathon. TV helicopter footage showed blood staining the pavement in the popular shopping and tourist area known as the Back Bay.

"There are people who are really, really bloody," said Laura McLean, a runner from Toronto, who was in the medical tent being treated for dehydration when she was pulled out to make room for victims of the explosions. "They were pulling them into the medical tent."

Cherie Falgoust was waiting for her husband, who was running the race.

"I was expecting my husband any minute," she said. "I don't know what this building is ... it just blew. Just a big bomb, a loud boom, and then glass everywhere. Something hit my head. I don't know what it was. I just ducked."

Runners who had not finished the race were diverted straight down Commonwealth Avenue and into a family meeting area, according to an emergency plan that had been in place
I caught my mistake and corrected it Stephen.  Thanks for noticing it.  As of right now they say 28 injured two dead.  Doctors saying injured look like they are coming from a war zone.
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

fsquid

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 04:28:07 PM »
looks like a domestic terrorist