Author Topic: Riverside YMCA Project Approved  (Read 20758 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Riverside YMCA Project Approved
« on: January 11, 2013, 03:12:35 AM »
Riverside YMCA Project Approved

On Thursday, January 10, 2013, the Downtown Development Review Board (DDRB) voted to give final approval to the design of the proposed Riverside YMCA development in Brooklyn.  Here is a look at what will be constructed.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2013-jan-riverside-ymca-project-approved

Noone

Re: Riverside YMCA Project Approved
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 04:49:17 AM »
very nice.
So what is the next step?

Traveller

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 08:07:18 AM »
I assume the second floor will have some weight equipment and not just 7,000 cardio machines.  8)

johnny_simpatico

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 08:19:14 AM »
You can be sure the lobby will have a lovely framed print of blond Jesus and a gigantic flat-panel television tuned to Fox News.

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 08:22:25 AM »
no one is forcing you to go there johnny.

tufsu1

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 08:40:08 AM »
You can be sure the lobby will have a lovely framed print of blond Jesus and a gigantic flat-panel television tuned to Fox News.

well it is a Christian organization after all....and having been a member at that YMCA before, I can assure you that the stations on the TV in the lobby can be changed

If_I_Loved_you

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 09:12:13 AM »
Years ago when I went to the YMCA I never saw any photo of Jesus or even a cross? And Fox News on the TV's is just about everywhere you go.  ;)

Tacachale

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 09:27:21 AM »
Nice site plan. Obviously that huge surface parking lot is not optimal. Though considering what's happening in Brooklyn right now, it's possible we won't be waiting as long for that street side development as we might be elsewhere.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Dog Walker

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 11:10:09 AM »
It's The Y!  You don't have to be young, a man, or Christian, just Associated.

That building is going to be spectacular from the Riverwalk and flooded with sunshine in the mornings.
When all else fails hug the dog.

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »
The view from the running track will be amazing too! 

I'm really hoping they're able to lock down funding on this development very soon.  Brooklyn is on the verge of becoming a serious boomtown.

funwithteeth

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 11:34:51 AM »

Speaking as both a member of the YMCA and an atheist, I'm wondering how insecure you have to be to let some painting bother you, or that perhaps just one of the many TVs they have is tuned to a channel you don't like.

5PointsGuy

• Jaguars!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 11:54:46 AM »
Wow, Riverside Avenue is shaping up to be quite the urban corridor. Also, the concept drawing looks amazing. I might have to pony up for a membership when the new building is complete.
4 Tickets! Section 440!

Roger904

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 02:47:10 PM »
The floor plans don't show the Metro offices that are slated to be relocated from Mandarin

urbaknight

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 04:48:46 PM »
I just hope they can develop the Riverside ave part of the parking lot into that mix use building they've been talking about. But I'm all for parking between the two buildings. People have to park somewhere, until/unless JTA can improve on their part of this whole thing.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 10:35:35 PM »
Holy Crap Batman, I might even be tempted to join up and get fit... Um... Well... maybe not, but it does look very cool.  Actually Libby and I were long time members of the Y in Central Florida - once upon a time.