Author Topic: Off-Road Fun  (Read 2140 times)

gatorback

• “Know thyself.”
Off-Road Fun
« on: February 03, 2008, 09:30:19 AM »
I do get off road with my 13 MPG SUV.  Here's a few snaps.  Of what I got into or rather got me this past weekend. 

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:51:19 AM by gatorback »
'As a sinner I am truly conscious of having often offended my Creator and I beg him to forgive me, but as a Queen and Sovereign, I am aware of no fault or offence for which I have to render account to anyone here below.'   Mary, queen of Scots to her jailer, Sir Amyas Paulet; October 1586

stephenc

Re: Off-Road Fun
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 10:30:36 AM »
Sweet! Gator, where are some places around here to go? I normally go out to Osceola or down to Ocala.

gatorback

• “Know thyself.”
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 11:37:06 AM »
Osceola is the place of course, but Interlachen is where mom bought her lakehouse so I got to spend some time down there.  There's fun little area off N. CR-315 at Silver Lake Dr.  Try the google map you can see the property.  Silver Lake Dr Interlachen, FL or Silver Lake Dr, Interlachen, Putnam, Florida 32148, United States.  I've not been there in over a year, I hope it's still there.

Not sure where you are but from OP it's about 30 minutes.  Its 60 minutes door to door from Avondale.

The property is small but if you're down that way you can ride an off-road bike, or take the 4x4. 

Do you have a 4x4, or bike?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 01:26:09 PM by gatorback »
'As a sinner I am truly conscious of having often offended my Creator and I beg him to forgive me, but as a Queen and Sovereign, I am aware of no fault or offence for which I have to render account to anyone here below.'   Mary, queen of Scots to her jailer, Sir Amyas Paulet; October 1586

gatorback

• “Know thyself.”
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 12:00:30 PM »
Oh, I remember an area to the south of Tinsletown and north of Blue Cross and blue shield.  The lot was empty, you could get out there and have a smoke--it's where the BCBS-FL smokers go in their cars to smoke since BCBSFL is a smoke free campus.  Something was being built on the lot next to the smoker's parking lot, but if you're lucky you'll find it.  Just pull off the road where you see dirt if you can make it.  I didn't make it as you  can see from above.  I needed about 5 people to push me out.

gatorback

• “Know thyself.”
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 03:19:25 PM »
If you like off-roading, you've got to watch this vid.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/g-RzQEq9a4k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/g-RzQEq9a4k</a>

stephenc

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 04:56:59 PM »
I leave near riverside. I'll have to check out interlachen. I have a 4x4. I know blue cross is doing a HUGE expansin. I hope its still there.

second_pancake

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 08:57:55 AM »
Hmmm, Gator, I think I DO know you afterall...
"What objectivity and the study of philosophy requires is not an 'open mind,' but an active mind - a mind able and eagerly willing to examine ideas, but to examine them criticially."