Author Topic: Looking for Hookers at 9th and Main  (Read 27525 times)

second_pancake

Re: Looking for Hookers at 9th and Main
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 08:50:47 AM »
Okay, folks. There's just no polite way to say this.

SHUT UP ABOUT THE DAMN HOOKERS. There are no actual hookers in my original blog post.

It's not about hookers. It's just a story. A true story, but still just a story... with NO HOOKERS in it.

Why doesn't somebody get worked up about the crazy little old man wandering in traffic?

I like you ;D  Even though...er..uh, I mean ESPECIALLY because you're not a hooker ;)

Seriously, this was a funny story.  I too get harassed by "crazies", but certainly not to the extent that you must having to take a bus from Springfield to Arlington.  Btw, I live out around Baymeadows and the hookers are freakin rampant out here.  I hear since the Wal-mart went in on Phillips, they've started to drift back into people's neighborhoods and use their lawns for toilets as well as camp out in their John's car to 'work'.  I haven't had to deal with any of that, but I've seen a few working girls...and guys (at least I think it was a guy) hanging out around the old Baymeadows Inn.  There was this one guy dressed in cut-off hot-pants, go-go boots, a half-shirt (that was the dead give away), carrying what appeared to be an overnight bag, walking his/her way back to the bus-stop.  Ok, ok, I know you said stop with the hookers, but come on, hookers are much more entertaining than some guy downtown walking in the middle of traffic.  Here's a story for you, ever been on a bike riding at 20+ mph and come upon a crazy man standing in the middle of the road facing you with a rusted hammer?  Now, THAT'S crazy.
"What objectivity and the study of philosophy requires is not an 'open mind,' but an active mind - a mind able and eagerly willing to examine ideas, but to examine them criticially."

irksomekitty

• Dead Girls Don't Dance: Confessions of a former goth princess
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 10:14:05 PM »
Here's a story for you, ever been on a bike riding at 20+ mph and come upon a crazy man standing in the middle of the road facing you with a rusted hammer?  Now, THAT'S crazy.

No, I can't say that I have, but I DID once have a guy in a nice suit offer me $20 to let him lie on the sidewalk in front of me, pretend he wasn't there and walk over him while he looked up my skirt. I counter-offered to kick him in the shins for $10, but he called me a bitch and stormed off.

WhatEVER. I thought it was a bargain.

buckethead

Re: "BOB" LOVES HOOKERS!
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 11:16:51 AM »
Okay, from another prospective, I know a "BOB" that LOVES HOOKERS... But not the way that you think. 99% of these girls and guys were sexual abuse victims from early childhood.  That alone causes severe mental conditions, with a full range of problems of their own. Then from childhood they were told, Don't tell Mommy, or don't tell your teacher, because if you do the police will come and shoot us. They will take you away and put you in jail.  Other similar horror tales that become ingrained in the now damaged minds of otherwise fine young people. To hide the pain they develop cutting, hair pulling, babbling, or impossible fantasy worlds. To survive they often run away at very young ages and find they cannot work. Introduced by a kind pimp to food, clothes, and "LOVE" they are told, "Honey just do this for us a couple of months and we'll have the money to get to Hollywood..."

If she leaves her "CRIB" she will be killed... Oh bet you didn't know that's where the new slang for house came from.
A Crib was the lowest form of prostitution in the old South and West. Often because it was carried out in the "Corn Cribs" or "animal shelters" on farms... Are you proud of your crib?

SO NOW... WE HAVE...

A person who cannot (due to conditions beyond their own control) turn to authorities, churches or groups for help.
A person that has severe mental issues.
A person on a path to death like a rocket sled on rails.
A person confused about what love, family or care even are.
A person that will offend because being an outlaw is "BEING" and anything else is unknown.
A person using dangerous drugs (funny I should say that)
A person who will be beaten, raped, tortured, drugged and left for dead over and over again.

SOCIETY WILL SAY...

She/He made the bad choice, and just needs to wake up and come out of it. (like you can decide to be 150 pounds thinner, quit smoking or change your skin color)
They should just get a real job like everyone else. (Yeah, hire a person with a record? fat chance)
They're dirty and dangerous, if they are on my block, I'm calling the cops. (You are ugly, so I'm telling...)
Maybe the drugs will kill them off and the problem solves itself. (maybe the same drugs would clear your minds?)
How do you rape a hooker? Bull Shit. (The same way you rape a lamb, ugly and violently)
Make them get a permit, they'll always be with us... (so will murder, shall we permit that too?)

God how heartless, on this Sunday morning, to think so many of our good Christian citizens are thinking any of these things. 12, 16, 24, 38 years ago, that was a beautiful baby. It's little heart and soul craved love and care and it got none of it. My true PRAYER for my city is to not be "The City of Brotherly Love", but Americas Compassion City.
You see, THIS BOB LOVES HOOKERS, and IMHO YOU SHOULD TOO!

Ocklawaha
Thank You, Ock. I too often find myself with a judgemental attitude toward such persons. You are kind to remind me of their plight.

Bostech

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 02:01:01 PM »
It would be much funnier if she got on bus then realized she wanted that money,stopped bus in middle of street,get out and run to him...and they went together home.
Turn it into movies and she would win Oscar.
Legalize Marijuana,I need something to calm me down after I watch Fox News.

If Jesus was alive today,Republicans would call him gay and Democrats would put him on food stamps.

DeadGirlsDontDance

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 02:24:27 PM »
It would be much funnier if she got on bus then realized she wanted that money,stopped bus in middle of street,get out and run to him...and they went together home.
Turn it into movies and she would win Oscar.

Bravo, Bostech, start working on that screenplay. You can pitch it to the Hollywood studios as "My Fair Lady" in reverse, in the ghetto.
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it." ~Edith Sitwell

Bill Ectric

• Bill Ectric
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 12:04:42 PM »
I think it's a great story! I especially like "you could almost see the wasps eating his brain..." oH, man, that's a great line.

gatorback

• “Know thyself.”
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 12:30:09 AM »
anything change on this lately? I doubt it.
'As a sinner I am truly conscious of having often offended my Creator and I beg him to forgive me, but as a Queen and Sovereign, I am aware of no fault or offence for which I have to render account to anyone here below.'   Mary, queen of Scots to her jailer, Sir Amyas Paulet; October 1586

Springfield Girl

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 12:12:28 PM »
I think there are more johns at this point(who haven't figured out that times have changed) than hookers. I was outside waiting for someone and was just looking around at the landscaping when some random old guy confused me with a hooker. He was driving a pickup truck and looked like someones nice grandpa. He slowed down and started looking my way then stopped and clumsily tried to "hire" me. I started giving him a hard time, told him the old Springfield was dead and if he didn't want to go to jail he should not come here anymore looking for illegal hookups. I felt bad having to scare and lecture a little old man but my anger at his behavior trumped my compassion.

sheclown

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 09:50:08 PM »
Springfield Girl -- :)  I'm sure you gave him a "scared straight" experience!

vicupstate

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2016, 12:19:49 PM »
Since she brought it up...

I Will Survive

At first I was afraid I was petrified
Thinking I couldn't live without you by my side
And I've been spending nights
Thinking how you did me wrong
And I grew strong
And I learned how to get along
And now you're back
From outer space
And I find you here with that sad look upon your face
I should have changed that stupid lock
Oh made you leave your key
If I've known for a second you'd be back to bother me
Go on now, go walk out the door
Turn around now
You're not welcome anymore
You're the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
Do you think I'd crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die?2

No, not I, I will survive
Long as I know how to love
I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
And all my love to give and I'll survive
I, I, I will survive1

It took all my strength not to fall apart
Trying' without my mind to mend my broken heart
I spent so many nights
Feeling sorry for myself, how I cried
But now I hold my head up high
And you see me, somebody new
I'm not that lonely little person who's still in love with you
Now you come dropping in
Expecting me to be free
Now I'm saving all my lovin' for someone who's loving me
Go on now, walk out the door
Turn around now
Think I'd might crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die?1

I know I'll stay alive
I've got my life to live
I, I, I will survive

Go and go, walk out the door
Turn around now
Do you think I'd crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die?

I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I, I, I will survive

It took all my strength not to fall apart
Trying' without my mind to mend my broken heart
I spent so many nights
Feeling sorry for myself, how I cried
Now I hold my head up high
And you see me, somebody new
Not that lonely little person who's still in love with you
Now you come dropping in
Expecting me to be free
but I'm saving all my lovin' for someone who's loving me

Go on and go, walk out the door
Turn around now
Think I'd might crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die?

I know I'll stay alive
I've got my life to live
I, I, I will survive

Go on and go, walk out the door
Turn around now

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

distantkarma

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 05:14:38 PM »
Seriously though... Does anybody know of any apartments in Springfield to rent?  (: 

whyisjohngalt

• EPOCH
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »
By the hour?

CCMjax

• "That's what we're here for boys . . . to win!!"
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2016, 09:07:31 PM »
I lived on the West side of 9th street in mid-aught's and for like a month, there was SO MUCH hooker-ing going on.  Like, I saw a homeless dude getting a BJ in the bushes of a church where there HVAC unit was.  Good times.

I can top that, I saw two people doing it next to a cathedral in broad daylight when I was in England.  Not even trying to hide or anything.  Just one of those WTF moments.  God Bless!
"The first man who, having enclosed a piece of ground, bethought himself of saying 'This is mine,' and found people simple enough to believe him, was the real founder of civil society." - Jean Jacques Rousseau