Author Topic: Mars Rover Curiosity  (Read 76721 times)

Snufflee

Re: Mars Rover Curiosity
« Reply #225 on: June 04, 2019, 08:41:35 AM »
Amazing stuff, thanks for the update.
And so it goes

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2020, 08:48:20 AM »
Last update over a year ago... Curiosity is still roving and is close to 14 miles traveled...

https://mars.nasa.gov/resources/25046/curiositys-traverse-map-through-sol-2788/?site=msl
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #227 on: June 16, 2020, 12:37:51 PM »
Still kickin'!

Thanks for the update BT

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
« Reply #228 on: June 16, 2020, 04:45:05 PM »
Crazy to think that a bit over a year from now, Curiosity's going to have a sibling on the surface with them. Looking forward to the launch of Perseverance next month.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2020, 06:45:59 AM »
Crazy to think that a bit over a year from now, Curiosity's going to have a sibling on the surface with them. Looking forward to the launch of Perseverance next month.

Absolutely!
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2020, 07:43:31 AM »
Cool article on preparations of the rover for launch. Great explanation of the soil sampling system...

https://spaceflightnow.com/2020/06/16/with-super-clean-sample-tubes-installed-nasas-next-mars-rover-nearly-buttoned-up-for-launch/