Author Topic: Springfield's Main Street Cruise This Weekend  (Read 7365 times)

Miss Fixit

Re: Springfield's Main Street Cruise This Weekend
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 10:05:07 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback, Musicman! This time of year it's awfully hot at noon and there's a lot of light between 6 and 8, so I think we'll stick with evening hours for now - we may reevaluate in the fall. We would LOVE to have a sponsor - we're entertaining thousands of people with virtually NO money right now. Please PM me if you have any contacts to pass on.
We'll be cruising again on August 25th!

Springfielder

• Preservation SOS
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
I think that starting in the early evening is perfect, at least during the summer months. Of course, if this event is held during the winter months when there's less daylight, it may need to start around 3ish for folks to be able to walk around and see the vehicles on display. Otherwise, it's just great the way it is

Miss Fixit

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 09:13:06 PM »
I think that starting in the early evening is perfect, at least during the summer months. Of course, if this event is held during the winter months when there's less daylight, it may need to start around 3ish for folks to be able to walk around and see the vehicles on display. Otherwise, it's just great the way it is

Thanks, Springfielder!  I sure did enjoy seeing you riding on the firetruck! Next time he shows up I'm going to take a break from working and catch a ride myself.

I agree that we may need to start earlier in the fall and winter.  This is a new event so we'll just have to see what happens.  I'm already working on entertainment for the next couple of months and can confirm that the food trucks will be back on August 25th - On the Fly, Super Food Truck, Gourmet Aviator and Mike Bs have all checked in and they all did well and had a great time!

Mark your calendar for August 25th, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., and please show up hungry.

Timkin

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »
We need to borrow that firetruck/ladder to put the new flag up at A/L, Springfielder ;) .

sheclown

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 04:57:41 PM »
While waiting for the next cruise, eat plenty of pizza from Joseph's:

http://josephsitalian.com/

they bought the music, you buy the pizza!

And when you go in, tell them you are here because they support the cruise.

MusicMan

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 06:48:08 PM »
CORPORATE SPONOR:

How about Gate Petroleum?  Didn't old Mayor Peyton often pay lip service to the concept of helping
downtown and Springfield?  This seems like a 'no brainer' to me.

Miss Fixit

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 11:36:27 AM »
Springfield Area Merchants and Business Association will sponsor a raffle at this month's Historic Springfield Main Street Cruise to raise funds for entertainment. We already have several donations including some really amazing items: a night at the beautiful Amore House Bed and Breakfast, a free home inspection, and a gift certificate from Kool Beanz Cafe. We would greatly appreciate any additional donations! Please message us or post here if you can help. Tickets will be sold at 4th and Main on the night of the cruise.  This month's cruise is August 25th, beginning at 6 p.m., on Main Street between 2nd and 12th.  We'll have food trucks, a d.j., vendors, and 100s of gorgeous cars!

sheclown

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 07:59:05 PM »
Springfield Area Merchants and Business Association will sponsor a raffle at this month's Historic Springfield Main Street Cruise to raise funds for entertainment. We already have several donations including some really amazing items: a night at the beautiful Amore House Bed and Breakfast, a free home inspection, and a gift certificate from Kool Beanz Cafe. We would greatly appreciate any additional donations! Please message us or post here if you can help. Tickets will be sold at 4th and Main on the night of the cruise.  This month's cruise is August 25th, beginning at 6 p.m., on Main Street between 2nd and 12th.  We'll have food trucks, a d.j., vendors, and 100s of gorgeous cars!

Tomorrow night!  Can't wait.  So glad that SAMBA is involved with this and ramping it up with entertainment and food.

movedsouth

• Preservation SOS
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »
one of the best things to happen to Springfield (after the dog park ;-) )

sheclown

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 06:26:37 AM »
It is getting bigger every month.  People everywhere.  Its like one big long block party from 1st to 12th.  Hey, those empty lots on Main Street finally found a purpose!!!  Who'd a guessed.